Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement speakers: what do people recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
    Hi Greg, can you remember if the plate in the picture was used for anything else, i.e. was it holding anything else.
    What were the studs mounted to? are they part of the grill? if so i can just remove that plate and make a new plate which will house the nutserts and speaker
    Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Graham

As far as I could see it was just for the speaker, but i didnt remove the sound deading to check further up since I suspect it may also be a mount for the carbon trims in the rear panels.

I would have thought the plate can be removed a new one fabricated to suit though.

HTH
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Cool, i have bid on some MB Quart 6.5" speakers Model PCE-216 6.5" Component Set, 9 hrs to go, then once theyre here i'll start the how too guide.
        Cheers for your help.
        Graham
        Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by HPmuirt View Post
          Hey John,
          7. I have 4" MQ Quarts in the front. Can anyone recommend a suitable bass blocker/passive crossover/capacitor which will knock some of the bass off?

Cheers n

Si
          In answer to 7, I should have said 100uf NOT 10 uf! 10 uf would cut the bass too much.

Available from RS Components part number 521-1621. Minimum quantity is 5 but they're only 32p each. Maplin part number VM76H but 98p each.

You need to wire it in series with the speaker, not across the speaker terminals as suggested by someone else in another post.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
            Hi Greg, can you remember if the plate in the picture was used for anything else, i.e. was it holding anything else.
            What were the studs mounted to? are they part of the grill? if so i can just remove that plate and make a new plate which will house the nutserts and speaker
            Graham, the studs are mounted to the speaker grill. You can just remove the plate and make a new one, the plate isn't used for anything else.

Comment

Item won, i have got a set of MB quart 6.5" components on the way. Will take pictures when i install them and do a how too.
              Thanks people
              Graham

Comment

Working...
              X