Ipod in car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipod in car

Anybody know the best way to connect your ipod to the car stereo ? Are the Dension Ice>Links any good ?
    Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

I got one of those little FM transmitters off ebay, you just tune in on your radio, sound was surprisingly good. The chinese-english via babelfish instructions are worth the purchase price alone

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Aux in put
      Chef

Comment

What head unit do you have ?
        sigpic

Comment

A sony one CAX 900 or sum thing? But the misses has a pioneer one that cost £200 in the 80 sport that conects direct to the ipod and you can control the ipod. ie change play lists tracks, artis.
          Chef

Comment

CA 900 really cheap on the bay. as they are about 3 yrs old but are really high spec i paid 330 when i got it, going for less than 100 now
            Last edited by terrybullwon; 10 September 2006, 00:01. Reason: wrong code
            Chef

Comment

dont forget the fm transmiters r illegal in the uk.as its classed as a transmiter.
              1990 100 2.2 10vqt 82k miles(now dead)
              1990 90 2.3 20v 166k miles
              1988 90 2.0 10v 181k miles
              oh and a polo for work.

Comment

Originally posted by AUDI9020V
                dont forget the fm transmiters r illegal in the uk.as its classed as a transmiter.
                True, but its got a range of about 2 ft..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

Assuming its a CD player without an aux in - the FM transmitter is the only option..... they sell them in Argos now so I don't see the legal issue as much to concern yourself with.

If its tape (in the van?) you can get tape converter things in Maplin and even Tesco for about £4.

If its got aux in....... well, you wouldn't be asking!

PS Hows life? Hope all is going well chap! nice to see you still kicking about on the forum!

Comment

I know plenty of people who use FM transmitters and constantly complain about the lack of quality.

Seems there are good ones, and real bad ones. Try before you buy if you can.
                    ABY Coupe
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X