No announcement yet.

Audi Gamma wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm currently backdating the aftermarket HU in my RS2 to the Gamma CC. I know the gamma has a builtin 2x20 amp for the front speakers and utilizes line outs for the rear speakers with built in amps. The wiring diagram on the gamma shows that there are also line outs for the front speakers which are separate from the pins used for the direct connection to the front speakers. My question is can you use a 4 channel amp and a custom RCA plug tied in to the 4 line outs and the common ground in the gamma to power both front and rear speakers through the amp?

All my speakers are currently tied into my amp so I'd like to be able to just plug the gamma into the RCA plugs that are already there.

Comment

Here's the harness I was hoping to use.,

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

From what you describe it would make sense. Where did you end the adaptor from?
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
          From what you describe it would make sense. Where did you end the adaptor from?
          Found it on eBay. Out of China. Probably wouldn’t be hard to make one. I’ll wire it up and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I reckon it will work alright as on my gamma I had no front rear fade option so if the LINE OUT feeds the 4 channel amp it adds up to being the same but probably better sound quality from a stand alone amp running all 4

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian RS2

Found it on eBay. Out of China. Probably wouldn’t be hard to make one. I’ll wire it up and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Do you have a link?
              _Rubí_

Comment

Working...
              X