Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop in speakers for 3B S2

Alright chaps,

Since purchasing my S2 in 2008 it has been undergoing mechanical improvements each year to a point now that i am loving driving it

However, now that i am using it as my only car i desperately need to do something with the audio. Rear speakers are blown so only using the fronts. I cleaned the speaker grills which did improve audio but still i feel the 32 year old speakers have done well and time for an upgrade.

Can anyone recommend me drop in speakers front and rear that will be a decent upgrade from the tired originals, i won't be using an amp just a bluetooth head unit.

Any assistance much appreciated.

Cheers guys

10cm front 13cm rear

Comment

Have you got links to any you can recommend?
      Thanks

Comment

Most makes do the sizes you need, I've used blaupunkt and focal, both to good effect without an amp

Comment

Originally posted by gmac78 View Post
          Have you got links to any you can recommend?
          Thanks
          Nowadays they are all made in China and are better than the whatever Audi put in them 25+ years ago. Buy Panasonic, Jensen, Alpine, JBL, Sony they will all do the job and better

Comment

Ok good stuff, so i don't have to worry about different (Ohms) ratings etc, simply go by speaker size?

Comment

Originals were made by Nokia ( before mobile phones existed!) you can check the impedance, usually printed on the back or a label, I believe they're 4 ohms.
              Most standard car speakers are 4ohms anyway

Avoid anything with metal cones, they sound terrible!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                Originals were made by Nokia ( before mobile phones existed!) you can check the impedance, usually printed on the back or a label, I believe they're 4 ohms.
                Most standard car speakers are 4ohms anyway

Avoid anything with metal cones, they sound terrible!
                Top tip about the metal cones, I would have probably ordered one with metal thinking they were better. When it comes to Audio I am a complete NOOB as my kids would say!!

Soundo I'm going to remove one today to double check Ohm rating then make a purchase of some type!

Thanks for the advice guys.

Comment

Working...
                X