Parrot hands free - how to fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good addition Ben, about the test.
    I thought of this but it seemed to obvious....

The "backlight" on the buttons is in my case (3b) all switched over ignition.
    I used the rear foglight switch, as I very rarely.
    No power, no glory!
    S4 Avant, 2003, K&N-filter, 18", RNS-E, enough audio

Comment

CONCLUSION from the OP.. for anyone doing this at home!

The advice above is good.

1- Parrot CK3100 with LED... if you can pull your radio out, then wiring in the harness for the sound and main permanent power is very easy on modern stereos, as the ISO blocks just clip in.

2 - The Parrot RED permanent live connects through the ISO blocks from the stereo's permanent live... but it also needs the Ignition-switched power just to turn it ON and OFF. YOu need to find a source of ignition switched power to connect into the ORANGE cable on the Parrot. After help on the forum, I found this CAN be done with a scotch-lock connector, taking power from the wire feeding the tiny LEDs inside the FOG LAMP switches (make sure you connect to the ignition power feed, which turns on and off with the ignition...NOT the main power feed) . These are just above the radio and with care simply pull out, so you can access the wires easily. Despite my earlier incompetent and desperate post... this is very easy and works well.

3- Make sure your phone is compatible with the Parrot.. some phones need a firmware update... O2 won't let me update mine - but luckily it still works.
      SOLD !

Comment

Working...
      X