Power from ignition switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power from ignition switch?

Is there an Accessory output from the ignition switch on the ABY? I've fitted the stereo that I bought for the coupe and have connected the two 12v feeds separately this time (I was getting a flat battery with the 2 feeds joined toether because of the unit looking for a bluetooth connection when switched off). So this time the permanent one is via the ISO conector and the Acc feed I've taken from the ignition switch. I couldn't find a feed that comes on unless the key is turned all the way to ignition on, I was hoping to find a position half way or one that goes off when you pull the key out. Anyone done this? I've had a trawl though some of the old posts to no avail.

Thanks

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

If you use any spare pin marked 15 on the bottom of the main fusebox this is the ignition live circuit.
    Audi Nut!!!

Comment

I've got a switched live off the black wire on the back of the ign switch, what I would like is an "accessory" live that comes on when you put in the key but dont turn it, or only half turn it. So I can sit in the car with the engine off and listen to the stereo.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

I normally use a switched live from 1 of the switches above the radio, heated screen etc

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
          Is there an Accessory output from the ignition switch on the ABY?
          No there isn't, not that I'm aware of. Fortunately, on my stereo you can press and hold the "On" button with the ignition off and it will turn on.

John

Comment

From memory, there is a thin red wire on the back of the ignition switch that gives the function you need.

Comment

yes there is a thin red wire on the back of the ignition that does what you want - When i fitted my becker radio i took my switched 12v from there so the becker stays on until the key is actually removed from the ignition.

You can turn the car right off but the radio still sees 12v until the key is removed, its spot on.

Comment

Thanks, I'll have another look at it today

Edit: Perfect, works a treat, the thin red wire gives 12V as soon as the key is turned and stays powered up until the key is removed completely.

Thanks chaps!
                Last edited by newsh; 1 January 2011, 10:29.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

do you guys have any wiring diagram for audi a2? i just wanna have a reference when something bad happens. thanks. sorry for digging this one. i know it is the red wire but i wanna make sure.lol
                  Last edited by ronierogers; 6 March 2013, 02:32.

Comment

Working...
                  X