Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radio wiring issues

been tearing my hair out

have my alpine head unit(which i have wired in to my last 3 s2's) that i went to wire in today,its the usual iso connection,takes seconds to connect.

the speaker connectors plug in fine,but the power/earth connections don't.on the car the small clip that is on the housing of the female connector is on the opposite side so wont accept the male connector.

my question is on euro s2's is the set up different? my s2 is LHD and the s2 i am breaking seems different (uk car)

thanks peeps

any pics of what you mean mate? I have a couple of spare ISO plugs here if that will help.
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

cheers alex,was in halfrauds earlier (full of swills) and they didnt have nothing.it is exactly the same as a standard iso but the clip is on the right,not in the centre like normal

will try to get pics later

Comment

haha, "ere Wayne, I's goin down 'alfords init bey"

Pics will defo help, but I think I probably have what you need if its what I'm thinking of
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Have a poke around in the wiring, you might find you have the other connector too.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

oh yeah good point, there will be the extra one for the amped rear speakers
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

or just swap what you need out the other avant?

Comment

Originally posted by djh View Post
                or just swap what you need out the other avant?
                thought of that already,but its different coloured wiring

i have temporarily wired it up to the centre vent boost gauge but obviously want to do a proper job,must admit didnt think to look to see if there was another connector down there,will have a proper look,but if someone has a matching connector i will be very interested

Comment

I'm sure I remember this on my avant, I was thinking "borrox this doesn't fit", then I spotted the other connector there as well.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

lhd s2

see what i meant when i was saying the stereo connectors are diff on that s2 i gave up at the end

Comment

found it! Newsh you were right....it was proper lost down the back of the dash....all good now,now i have realised i dont listen to it that much as id rather listen to the zorst!

Comment

Working...
                      X