ICE Question.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICE Question.......

Am looking at getting myself a better system and quite fancy this stuff below....

What do people think?? Assuming ppl on here are up to scratch with it all.

Also, can anyone recommend any good speakers to replace the fronts and the middle speakers, need to be pretty powerful and would be Amp driven

Amp
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...53603&tc=photo

Subs - Wanna get 2 of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MakeTrack=true

Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Somebody's got sum cash!!!

Kicker subs are suppose to be good, i've never heard them though........

Comment

That looks ****** nice!!!!

If its expensive it is *generally* very good although you can find "good" cheap(er) stuff too. ( have never heard of them mind you.)

Best thing to do if you want to spend a wedge is pick up a few in car hifi mags. (not lax flower etc )

Cheers,

Steve.
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

AFAIK Alphasonic have some connection with Audiobahn. As for Kicker, there are better subs out there.

Mind you don't get stung for import duty ordering from IndoAudio, it's a US-based company. Service is a little bit questionable, but some real bargains can be had.
        acidtrax

Comment

For decent front speakers I hacksawed all but one of the mounting lugs of sum 4 inch speakers. Then used one screw in each and the rest was glued. Tweeters in vents on top the dash. 6 ½ inch speakers in place of the original rears, with a bit of fibreglass and MDF. All amplified and most important to me, it all looked standard and you couldn’t see any of my work. Well, apart from the 10 inch subwoofer box in the boot. It’s all out of the car now though. Too much weight!
          SS

Comment

I found that amp for $379!!! But no one will ship to UK plus yeh there are import duties... ****ing **** country!!!

Everything is so damn cheap in the US!!
            Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

I am just waiting for my MB Quart Components to arrive, for the front speaker positions.
              To be run off an Alpine amp.
              I have also got some 6.5" Infinity Kappas to go in some new on-axis door builds.

Rears will be replaced with some Infinity Reference 6.5" that I have from a previous car, run off the head unit.
              Then I have an Infinity Kappa Perfect 12 sub run off a Kenwood Mono Bass amp
              The Sub will probably have to go in the rear "Shelf" under the window, with a load of Dynamat and be boxed in from below.
              Its a bit of a tight squeeze as the Tank is in there between the turrets On a saloon.....

I love the sound quality from Infinity stuff, and would love a Genesis Amp to power it all, but cant quite run to that at the moment...

There will be a hell of a boot build as well, as there is a Massage bed to go in there for working in France and it only fits at an angle up from the front of the boot.

I will take some pics as I go if you like ? Have got everything together now, will start running cables and fitting the sub at the weekend
              Cheers
              Dom

Comment

I'm just glad to have the replacement setup for what was stolen from my Kitty! Plenty powerful enough for me and I don't intend to add any more weight. Head unit now Alpine CDA 9835R and a ...well, a good amp by ...er, is it JB or something? I don't have a clue! Anyway it's 4x100w and drives whatever is in the car including a couple of Rockford Fosgate speakers. It's enough to replace the missing CDA 7939R and original early Rockford Punch 4080 amp (which was very good). Sounds better now than the stuff that was put in.

Only need to sort out the gearbox now...!!!
                Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

I think most ppl know i'm packing I.C.E, i going to upgrade to a pro plus dual coil sub.
                  Not well know or respected but the sound is the smoothest i've heard on the hard bass tunes i like to listen too.
                  In saying that for the past week i've been listening to Portishead which dont half have a kick on it, anybody got wandering star the tune, crack up the bass!

Comment

Well a friend of mine will soon have some custom made door sides for the coupe s2. He's making some for me with 2 x 6½" in each side and a audi logo. As soon as i get the i will post them here. Price wil be around 100-140£ for a complete set, with vinyl in any color you would like.

/Jonas R.
                    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

That will be nice to see, got 5 1/4 and 6 1/2 inch with tweeters in my door panels.

6x9 in rear side panels and a 12 inch in the boot.

Comment

Jonas, yes def post pics and more details as and when you can, if they are good then i'll def be after some for my car!!
                        Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Sounds like you guys are serious SPL junkies!
                          Being an audiophile, I prefer fewer high quality drivers for clearer sound.
                          61/2 inch drivers in the doors would be nice though. It would bring punchier bass closer to the front. 4 inch drivers are a bit lacking in this respect.
                          I’d be interested to see pictures of door builds.
                          I think I’d be tempted to keep the tweeters and 4s on the dash, to take care of the high notes, which are more important to be at ear level. Run 6s in the doors, some composites in the back (mainly to keep any passengers happy), and maybe a 10 or a 12 in the boot, depending on how much space you want left!
                          If you want volume, then the greater the overall cone area, the better.
                          SS

Comment

Come see what have is done with the front speakers:

http://users.volja.net/rok23/index.html
                            Audi Quattro WR

Comment

I used to do step 1 everytime i wanted to listen to music in the car.
                              That really does make alot of difference.
                              SS

Comment

Working...
                              X