New door builds for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New door builds for me

I got bored and so decided to 'uprate' the sounds in my coupe. Suprisingly eough I wasn't content with the original 4" up front and 5.25" components, that Audi obviously thought would suffice (I wasn't aware thet the rear of the head was so succeptable to treble...). Anyway, with some 'bits and pieces' I had lying around and a bit of searching on Ebay the final result is... interesting!

JBL P-42 running coaxially and P-62 components with the tweeteres in the dash positions speakers running off separate crossovers and a Kenwood PS-501 amplifier with a set of Focal Access 4" in the rear doors that were originally bought for the front but didn't fit! Also got a 10" Alpine Bass ZR in a custom made enclosure ported at 30Hz running of it's own Kenwood PS-401M amplifier. Would have liked a pair of 12" subs but the boot isn't tall enough to doit as I would have liked and I wanted to keep the spare wheel for the moment.

Have finished the front doors a little roughly for the moment but will spend a weekend when it gets warmer to finish it perfectly.

NOTE:- I have found that there is a serious power wire running down the passenger side wiring loom that inteferes with the speakers and produces a rather annoying whining sound. The driver's side is fine, either by luck or judgement. I'm sure there's a reason but I didn't realise. Bit of an **** as I now have to undo lots of work and then redo it...

Enjoy.

Cheers

Andy
    Attached Files
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

And the boot...

More pictures
    Attached Files
    Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Looks good mate, like the embossing on the box too looks pretty cool.

Greg
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I like what you have done with the amps ....

See here for full details: http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3234
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Fat Audi 80; 13 November 2004, 16:37.
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

A fellow Kenwood PS (401F/501M??) owner... more powerful than Alpine and lots of guts to go with it. Good choice sir!
          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

dogs ****** glad 2 find another ice lovers!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey
              A fellow Kenwood PS (401F/501M??) owner... more powerful than Alpine and lots of guts to go with it. Good choice sir!
              PS501F

Cheers,

Steve.
              Last edited by Fat Audi 80; 15 November 2004, 09:52.
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic
              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
                Looks good mate, like the embossing on the box too looks pretty cool.

Greg
                I should have thought of doing that on the area of the boot floor in front on my amp, that would look nice.... Oh well!

It looks good
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X