Stereos from new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereos from new

So wondered what stereo units were fitted in the s2 when new ? Anyone on here had theirs from new , had an S2 that was 2 years old back in the day and that iirc had a Sony unit in it, but unsure if it was fitted after being purchased..

Originally posted by Gazmitchell View Post
    So wondered what stereo units were fitted in the s2 when new ? Anyone on here had theirs from new , had an S2 that was 2 years old back in the day and that iirc had a Sony unit in it, but unsure if it was fitted after being purchased..
    The S2s could be ordered with or without radios. With radio meant factory speakers as well. Without usually meant with factory speakers installed (but no radio). "With" radios were likely either Blaupunkt or "Audi". I have magazine articles from back in the day showing a Blaupunkt (can't see the model) and I have an S2 brochure in front of me that shows an "Audi" "gamma" (not do be confused with Audi Bose "Gamma CC"). The gamma has a cassette slot but no "MODE" but = not likely that is controlled a CD changer.

The Gamma CC Audi Bose units we got in the UrS4s in NAmerica had a MODE button and you could switch between radio, cassette and CD changer (CD changer was a Blaupunkt/Sony and communicated with the Gamma CC via a silver transceiver box).
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

They had Blaupunkt tape players as standard (nearly certain), the one with the card slot in the front facia. I have one here, I will get the model no. if anyone is interested

Comment

Audi UK used Sony, not sure when though. But all of my 95 UK (*)S2s came with Sony oem
        In ireland and Europe Blaupunkt was used.
        Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

S2 with Audi gamma radio/cassette player

Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
          Audi UK used Sony, not sure when though. But all of my 95 UK (*)S2s came with Sony oem
          In ireland and Europe Blaupunkt was used.
          Here is the "Audi" gamma I was talking about:

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
            The S2s could be ordered with or without radios. With radio meant factory speakers as well. Without usually meant with factory speakers installed (but no radio). "With" radios were likely either Blaupunkt or "Audi". I have magazine articles from back in the day showing a Blaupunkt (can't see the model) and I have an S2 brochure in front of me that shows an "Audi" "gamma" (not do be confused with Audi Bose "Gamma CC"). The gamma has a cassette slot but no "MODE" but = not likely that is controlled a CD changer.

The Gamma CC Audi Bose units we got in the UrS4s in NAmerica had a MODE button and you could switch between radio, cassette and CD changer (CD changer was a Blaupunkt/Sony and communicated with the Gamma CC via a silver transceiver box).
            Maybe true for LHD but here in the UK Audi UK decided to declare UDI and fitted Sony units as contemporary road tests will afirm. My '96 ABY can with a Sony unit from new.

John

Comment

Originally posted by johne View Post
              Maybe true for LHD but here in the UK Audi UK decided to declare UDI and fitted Sony units as contemporary road tests will afirm. My '96 ABY can with a Sony unit from new. John
              I am NOT doubting what you are saying but could you suggest a few of these contemporay road tests so I check to see if I am missing something from my 20VT (AQS/RR, S2, RS2, UrS4/S6) magazine collection.

Comment

Fairly sure the Sony stereo fitment for UK models started for the 1995 MY cars.

Blaupunkt was standard before that
                Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Still the original (I assume) Blaupunkt unit in my 1991 S2

Comment

hi.

my 80s avant (2.6 v6) manual. 1995. came with the gamma cc stereo with de pioneer 6 cds charger...

how can i play the cds?!!??!

i know that the disc is playing but i cant hear the cd, keep playing the radio....i dont know how to active the 'MODE' hidden button...i think is a combination of some button. but i dont know;.

can someone help me?

my avant:

Comment

no one?

Comment

The Gamma CC manual doesn't show how to select the CD changer.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
                          The Gamma CC manual doesn't show how to select the CD changer.
                          edit: according to this link OEM CD changers are only compatible with the Bose versions of the Gamma CC.

Comment

thats the 'problem' owners manual is about the delta cc... lol.

some b4s came to brasil with the silver box charger and the gamma radio. and some came with this configuration...delta cc + pioneer 6 cds charger...

the old owner is an old man....70 years old... he never listen the cds in the charger...so he dont remember...

sorry for my f*k bad english.....

thanks for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielm View Post
                              hi.

my 80s avant (2.6 v6) manual. 1995. came with the gamma cc stereo with de pioneer 6 cds charger... I know that the disc is playing but i cant hear the cd, keep playing the radio....i dont know how to active the 'MODE' hidden button...i think is a combination of some button. but i dont know;.
                              Not sure either but, in NAmerica, the Audi/Bose Gamma CC radio head units MODE button was the lowest button on the right side, beside the SCAN and below the AM button. I can't see what the button says in your photo:

Comment

Working...
                              X