Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow those door panels look excellent, were they available as an aftermarket in the past? Or custom made?
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Aftermarket with 4 speakers for the coupe
      Because I already had a 3 speaker setup I never bought them

Comment

just found this page, wow they are not cheap either!

http://www.jehnert.de/produkte-doorb...m-1?lang=en_us
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

That's the set that I have indeed. Feed it with a decent and heavy amp, and the 12 speakersystem with crossovers will give a very pleasant listening experience.

You can see the tweeters and mids in the dash at the last pic.

Expensive, but great and free service from the familycompany Jehnert. Even now, after some years.
          Attached Files
          www.S2power.com

S2 Coupe - decat - EPS exhaust - RS2 IC - RS2 front - RS2 brakes - RS2 mirrors - Koni shocks - H&R springs - Jehnert doorpanels & Audison Amps - leather & sunroof - VEMS - USA rearlights

Comment

just thought i'd share mine

Comment

Very nice

do you have any pictures of how you built those?
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

well the process was semi trial and error, so a few pictures are missing, but the idea is somewhat like this:
                1. cutting the rings with a router, i made 2 different sizes, but using a router you can make a single part from a thicker board.

2. make a "pad" and position/angle the rings if you want, you can also skip the angle step, just put them flat on the "pad".

3. the of course masking, and making a form. i simply used foam to get the shape. first you apply it, then you cut it and sand it. this step can also be made with glass fiber and resin, i think it would turn out nicer (last photo).

4. applying putty and sanding for the final form + rigidity.

5. wrapped in fake leather.

some mistakes i've made. first i wanted to incorporate the original pocket with the pod, but later i realised, that the depth of the driver and the other side differs. also i didnt like the "bevel" on top of the pockets, so i tried to cut it, and then the pocket lost its rigidity. after that i made the pockets from mdf, beveled the edges with a router. then i joined the pod with the pocket and wrapped it.

hope its clear what i wrote here

Comment

Excellent thank you.

I was considering doing something like this but I didn't know where to start!
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                  X