No announcement yet.

Modern BOSE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely not going cheap this time, but I am not spending £1000+ either. Maximum I'd spend would be £500 all in (speakers+amp,subwoofer+amp).

If I decide to use modern BOSE system, that would give me high quality speakers, subwoofer and amplifier.
    '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

For £500 i reckon you could get a nice Genesis amp and some speakers that will blow away the bose in terms of sound quality and sound pressure levels.
      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
        For £500 i reckon you could get a nice Genesis amp and some speakers that will blow away the bose in terms of sound quality and sound pressure levels.
        ...and then there is subwoofer too. £500 is my absolute maximum. I am not looking for award winning sound quality, looking for "above budget/midrange" setup. B7 Bose costs £220 with an amp and a sub.
        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Then you have already got your answer.
          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
          96 URS6 plus speck estate
          94 2.6 80 Avant
          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Well I can honestly say that I have never heard The Chain, Fleetwood Mac (You know the one) as clear as the Bose in the A6 reproduces it, and everyone who has heard the system says the same. (And Yes- it can handle those several bass guitar notes at Max volume with No distortion whatsoever, but even at low volume settings- it's got sooo much presence, without being In Ya Face )

Comment

I had a look at installing BOSE in my S3 and the local main dealer said they would need to replace all the cabling for the current set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post

Bose system is designed to work with OEM headunit coded to Bose setup - different output levels or something like that. Aftermarket headunits sounds like crap with Bose setup. I've also tried to recode oem unit to standard coding on Bose setup. Mids and highs actually got clearer, but lows were worse and couldn't handle higher volume.
                There's no such thing as premium sound for non-premium money.

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post

Bose system is designed to work with OEM headunit coded to Bose setup - different output levels or something like that. Aftermarket headunits sounds like crap with Bose setup. I've also tried to recode oem unit to standard coding on Bose setup. Mids and highs actually got clearer, but lows were worse and couldn't handle higher volume.
                  There's no such thing as premium sound for non-premium money.
                  So it's either everything or nothing?

Something like this would work ok? http://caraudiosecurity.com/4-channe...ial-deal-21083
                  '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Working...
                  X