Front ARB bobble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers greg, ill try t hat.

Sid, was this a ARB droplink? I NEED to get mine changed as it very worn. Might be causing the problem, casue my symptops are EXACTLY as how u described yours + the squeaks
    Coupe

Comment

another problem you may find after having new shocks is they springs may knock a little in their seats while they bed them selves back into their position
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

FOUND!

Twas the N/S top strut mount!
        Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

It keeps recurring with me the last week so going to but a little bit of nut lock on the inner nut when i get a chance.

Easily solved though
          Greg

Comment

Greg I've read your post a few times, can you re-write it in English please?
            Martyn
            -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Martyn,

Will take some pictures for you in next day or two.

But on the top mount I used an 02 sensor socket and an allen key to take the first nut off.

this then reveals the Blue top mount with the nut in the middle of it that has two notches in it for doing it up.

this nut has come loose by a turn or two. But cannot come undone completely because there is another nut above it holding everythign together too.

to solve this prob put a little bit of thread lock on the inner nut so it wont come undone by itself again.

will take some pictures and post it up.

Greg
              Greg

Comment

Greg - you need the VW524 tool to tighten that slotted nut properly. Not sure if I would use threadlock there though... maybe just a smidgin
                Paul Nugent
                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Paul,

went to halfords and bought a set of sykes pickavant tools for doing up top mounts.

was £21 from memory for the tool and can do other manufacturers too which is a bonus.
                  Greg

Comment

I paid £11, it was over priced in the shop - about £23 , so I said I thought they were priced wrong and got them at trade price - pack of 4 I think.
                    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Nice one Greg, thank you!

If anyone wants to borrow VW524 tool for the top mounts, I've got one you're all very welcome to borrow!

I'll check mine for tightness then Greg, thanks for the tip!
                      Martyn
                      Martyn
                      -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Did that include the 22m socket with the cut out in it Doug,
                        my local halfords are completely useless
                        have about 2 sp tools...literally
                        made a VAG524 myself, milled 2 flats on a M14 nut, works a treat
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by martinjs; 23 November 2003, 22:58.

Comment

No it didn't, but I had a socket modified already - luckily it the same size on all my previous cars I changed suspension on.

Koni used to give you one of those nuts-wie-lugs with every shock they sold - about 8 years ago though - and my wee bro lost them!

Put the nut on top of the nut-wie-lugs - it stops it slipping off when tightening.
                          S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Working...
                          X