Wheel Bearings & Aftermarket Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Bearings & Aftermarket Parts

I was looking up OE numbers for S2 Coupe wheel bearings as they are next on my shopping list so I can finish up the hub/carrier refurbs. I have not priced the OE items from Audi/TPS yet, but I anticipate they will be hilariously marked up SKF or FAG items - thats if they are not NLA. Oddly I could only find SKF for the front and FAG for the rear as follows. I have added Meyle & Febi numbers that I also tracked down, but can anyone find SKF rears or FAG fronts ?

FRONT
    OE = 893 498 625E
    Outer = 82mm
    Inner = 43mm
    Width = 37mm
    SKF = BAHB633814A aka VKBA1356
    MEYLE = 100 750 0002
    FEBI = 17550

REAR
    OE = 893 498 625D which looks like it was superseded by 8A0 498 625 - these are also used as front wheel bearings on many other Audi B3/B4 applica
    Outer = 75mm
    Inner = 43mm
    Width = 37mm
    FAG = 713610170
    FEBI = 17534

Look like GBP30 ball park each for the aftermarket items - I will be steering away from low-end knock offs
    Attached Files
    Last edited by S2central.net; 5 January 2018, 00:36. Reason: Added Meyle & Febi numbers
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

I replaced all four of mine with generic €30 items and had to replace them all within months. The SKF and FAG cost almost twice as much, but they will last...
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

GSF sell Fag and SKF. I got all four of mine from them (Fag) and they have 55% off till Sunday 7 Jan code GSF55 online.

Order their premium kit and collect your order, I fitted my rears some time in 2016 the fronts I bought recently when i went to collect them one was Fag and one SKF so i only took one and waited till they had another Fag one in stock and got that. Paid about £65 a pair

Comment

Originally posted by Roach View Post
        GSF sell Fag and SKF. I got all four of mine from them (Fag) and they have 55% off till Sunday 7 Jan code GSF55 online.
        Many thanks for that tip off - the GSF sticker price is pretty hilarious on those premium bearings but with the discount it works out 32 quid each corner delivered to the house - fab!
        Certainly they can be found on eBay etc for cheaper but not necessarily from reputable UK suppliers. Cheers
        Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

I bought rears in the last couple of years from Pete at Quattro Corner, they were £30 - £50 each from memory and FAG IIRC.... HTH

Cheers,

Steve
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

FAG front is 713 6100 50. you can also get FAG rear 713 8010 10 which is a kit with 2
            Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

I not so long replaced my front wheel bearings on my C4, ordered Febi kit (05913) which came with FAG bearings.
              '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
              '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Does anyone know if the part numbers are the same for the S2 Avant? I have a feeling they might be bigger.
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

From memory the S2 Avant uses same 82mm bearings as front, but would need to check the old family album. My 'premium' bearings arrived from GSF - they came packaged with some German OE parts distributor name (RUVILLE / SCHAEFFER) with address in Hamburg - but I was pleased to find "FAG" stamped onto each bearing so they should be good. I will post the FAG numbers later.

Front (82mm) FAG = 800941C
                  Rear (75mm) FAG = 567447B
                  Last edited by S2central.net; 13 January 2018, 17:04. Reason: Part numbers added from purchased components.
                  Paul Nugent

Comment

Yes, just done some, Avant has same 82mm on the front but rears are also 82mm where the Coupe has 75mm, making the Avant more expensive by far as I am discovering while pricing up poly bushes. Looking at £700 in poly bushes including subframes on the avant and just over £400 on the Coupe.

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post

REAR
                      OE = 893 498 625D which looks like it was superseded by 8A0 498 625 - these are also used as front wheel bearings on many other Audi B3/B4 applica
                      Outer = 75mm
                      Inner = 43mm
                      Width = 37mm
                      FAG = 713610170
                      FEBI = 17534
                      Bringing up an old thread here! Are you sure about the inner dimensions of the Coupe Rear bearing??

The FEBI 17534 rear bearing is shown on-line as being Inner 39mm.

The corresponding SKF part number for the rear of the coupe is VKBA1355 (75mm x 39mm x 37mm)
                      John

A Small Collection...

Comment

I've just purchased the SKF Bearings on-line from SKF themselves (https://www.vsm.skf.com/uk/en)

VKBA 1356 Front's (82mm) @ £31.05
                        VBKA 1355 Rears (75mm) @ £20.99

Excludes delivery & VAT. Orders over £100 are Free Delivery!
                        John

A Small Collection...

Comment

Just to make a note.
                          Recently, it has been find that FAG bearings may not be all they used to be. This company found that FAG bearings were not lasting on the Spec Boxster race cars they servcie. So they started taking them apart and repacking them. You will notice when they take the bearing apart, that is sorely lacking in grease.

They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

Working...
                          X