Suspension too stiff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ringbearer View Post
    At what pressure? 6 bar, lol? Sorry about your ride quality issues, mine is terrible but it’s too low on coliovers with higher rate springs and matched dampers. If I’m not feeling like riding a horse I drive another car
    Sometimes it does seem that way Running 2.2bar all round.
    '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

If you want comfort why don’t you just fit OEM gas dampers? Stiffness and comfort are subjective, one man’s perfect is another man’s nightmare. Changing suspension components always involves compromise. Throwing money at changing subframe and other bushes isn’t going to alter the damping. Just my 2c
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
        If you want comfort why don’t you just fit OEM gas dampers? Stiffness and comfort are subjective, one man’s perfect is another man’s nightmare. Changing suspension components always involves compromise. Throwing money at changing subframe and other bushes isn’t going to alter the damping. Just my 2c
        Because of feedback from people on here on B6 dampers. I did try Koni but they were broken out of the box

Things have definately improved with rubber subframe mounts and I'm happy enough for now. Thinking of getting comfortable daily anyways so not a big issue.

Let's see how long top mounts last this time
        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Where are you buying your top mounts from? There is a LOT of fake Chinese **** about, especially on eBay
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Where are you buying your top mounts from? There is a LOT of fake Chinese **** about, especially on eBay
            Used to buy Febi from eBay (used 2 sets a year) and then bought Lemforder from autodoc and those lasted about 8 month/4500miles. But been asking around and it seems like I'm not the only one with the top mounts that fail very quickly. Seems like they're not made properly anymore
            '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

In my opinion, 4.5k isnt bad with more aggressive dampers on S.E. England’s 3rd world roads - like I said, compromise.
              You could always fork out for OEM and see how long they last

When you modify cars, pick two of the following list - the other you will not get

Cheap
              Fast
              Reliable
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

In my opinion, 4.5k isnt bad with more aggressive dampers on S.E. England’s 3rd world roads - like I said, compromise.
                You could always fork out for OEM and see how long they last

When you modify cars, pick two of the following list - the other you will not get

Cheap
                Fast
                Reliable
                Upside is that they only cost £10 a pop. Someone has made poly tip mounts so I'll give them a shot when these fail again.

I'm sure things will also.improve once I get around doing rear suspension as that hasn't been touched in 24 years.
                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Working...
                X