Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hub/Casting options?

Hi Guys,

As S2 hubs/uprights are getting hard to find these days are there any other options i can go for on my SWB build??
    Last edited by baldynugget; 9 March 2019, 20:27.

S2 hubs are very easy to find. 89-150€ for a new reproduction.
    What do you need, only hubs or also carriers for the front?
    There is a S2 coupe set for sale on facebook for 500€. Fronts and rears with carriers.

I also have a pair of blasted and painted front hubs + carriers + new SKF bearings pressed for sale.
    1989 Audi 80 Quattro
    1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

https://www.autewo.de/radnaben-5x112...895501653?c=54
      1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

Originally posted by M2ki View Post
        S2 hubs are very easy to find. 89-150€ for a new reproduction.
        What do you need, only hubs or also carriers for the front?
        There is a S2 coupe set for sale on facebook for 500€. Fronts and rears with carriers.

I also have a pair of blasted and painted front hubs + carriers + new SKF bearings pressed for sale.
        I need complete front/rear with carriers?

Comment

Originally posted by baldynugget View Post

I need complete front/rear with carriers?
          What kind of uprights do you have right now? One piece with hubacarrier? Or boltable with separate hub carrier and strut mount?
          1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

What kind of uprights do you have right now? One piece with hubacarrier? Or boltable with separate hub carrier and strut mount?
            Its the CQ ones so one piece and they are rotted out too.... Current plan is S2 with KW coilovers but I hvaen't been able to find any as yet. Wont actually need them for ages but figured i'd find some sooner rather than later as parts a getting rarer and more expensive by the day...
            Last edited by baldynugget; 10 March 2019, 08:16.

Comment

Then buy a set of S2 hubs + carriers and set of struts mounts for your liking. S2 front strut mounts are bigger in diameter than other Coupes and B4 80's
              1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Then buy a set of S2 hubs + carriers and set of struts mounts for your liking. S2 front strut mounts are bigger in diameter than other Coupes and B4 80's
                This is exactly what i want... But can't actually find any?? Was gonna get them from AK but they have stopped doing them...

Comment

Did you try on the S2 Forum Facebook page?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

You can use the hub carriers (uprights) from a 7A or AAH coupe quattro - they both accept the same 82mm front and 75mm rear wheel bearing which in turn will accept the 5 stud S2 coupe hubs.
                    Like the early 3B S2, the 7A strut bolt holes are M12 not M14 but they can be drilled out to suit the larger strut bolts if required.
                    HTH
                    Alex
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by baldynugget View Post

This is exactly what i want... But can't actually find any?? Was gonna get them from AK but they have stopped doing them...
                      1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                        You can use the hub carriers (uprights) from a 7A or AAH coupe quattro - they both accept the same 82mm front and 75mm rear wheel bearing which in turn will accept the 5 stud S2 coupe hubs.
                        Like the early 3B S2, the 7A strut bolt holes are M12 not M14 but they can be drilled out to suit the larger strut bolts if required.
                        I have a pair of early big bearing hubcarriers with M12 holes. Looking at them I would not dare drilling the holes to M14: the metal around will be too thin. The later big bearing hubcarriers with M14 holes are just beefier in general.

Comment

Yes there are cast & forged versions. As you say, the cast ones are no good. I have never seen cast ones in the UK so I guess we were lucky
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                          X