Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AUDI 80 CABRIOLET COUPE 4 CYLINDER POWER STEERING HOSE -- Will it fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUDI 80 CABRIOLET COUPE 4 CYLINDER POWER STEERING HOSE -- Will it fit?

"​​AUDI 80 CABRIOLET COUPE 4 CYLINDER POWER STEERING HOSE"

Have seen this on ebay, will this fit the s2?

The picture looks just like my part.

Thank you in advance!

ebay link:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-80-C...0AAOSwB6NazfRO

Just seen this one too, would this fit? loks the same but its cheaper.. though looks dirtier

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-80-C...YAAOSwNhpZ0hqd

Comment

The part number is the same apart from the s2 one being 8A2 422 893 E and the first one being 8A2 422 893C (so different letters at the rear of the part number)

s2 has "E" at end for rhd and the other has a "C" at the end.

Says on the ebay advert that its only for a 4 cyclinder engine, would this still fit anyone?

Comment

Just went to a local guy for this and he has done a great job by the looks of it. http://www.hopespare.com/ they have various places in the uk. £80 did it in an hour. Now its almost brand new. Now to fit and test.
        Attached Files

Comment

hope you´re lucky because I did the same thing twice and it only lasted 3 years before leaking again the third time I ordered one from AT and payed 3x times the cost of the fixing but if it lasts at least 6 years it´s worth it as on top of the fixing I payed to have it removed and refited!

Comment

Oh no! sorry to hear! Though I think if you look closely he has totally replaced the main body - so it should hold up. thx for your comment though, That can be frustrating! :/

Comment

Probably was due to the grade of hose used. There are few different rates, depending on hydraulic pressure for the appication. Tractor hydraulics are a very high rate, up to 5,000 psi!
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                Probably was due to the grade of hose used. There are few different rates, depending on hydraulic pressure for the appication. Tractor hydraulics are a very high rate, up to 5,000 psi!
                Hey what do you mean by Tractor? is this the grade used by the s2 normally?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris5044 View Post

Hey what do you mean by Tractor? is this the grade used by the s2 normally?
                  No, I doubt it. I'm just suggesting why some rebuilt pipes might fail prematurely. I'm not sure what psi the S2 system runs at. Your new hose looks very well made and I doubt you will have any issues. It should have a BS number stamped on it. If you Google that you will find the rating. There are about 5 different grade hydraulic hoses for tractors.
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

PAS hose is a proprietary type, which damps the pressure oscillations. If you use generic hydraulic hose you will get a whining noise under load.
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                      PAS hose is a proprietary type, which damps the pressure oscillations. If you use generic hydraulic hose you will get a whining noise under load.
                      Hey yes I get this with the current pipe installed, as it was a temporary installation to get me back from Germany at the time.
                      I hope the new one wont make this sound, it looks very sturdy

Comment

I had the tube replaced by a new one by a hydraulic company and they re-used the terminals, as in yours I guess, the leaking was always where the terminals meet the hose!
                        Maybe my terminals where terminal and reusing it was never a good idea as they re-crimp it after removing and there is no time like the first time!

Comment

Working...
                        X