Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front anti roll bar bush differences

Evening all.

Currently renovating my subframes and wishbones. I got them galvanised, painted them with epoxy paint and assembled with new bolts - all round goodness but then...

I notice the front anti roll bar clamps are different.

Picture shows original subframe at the bottom which uses bush 893 411 327E (FOR 25MM ROLL BAR) and the refreshed subframe on top which i think uses 811 411 327B roll bar size unknown.

I'm hoping someone who recognizes the top FARB clamp from their own car could please confirm which bush it takes?

The number 811 411 327B seems to be related to both shapes on the internet which isn't helping the confusion, the closest I think I have seen is the shape of the powerflex bush PFR3-1011-25 otherwise known as 'teardrop shape' for 25mm roll bar.

I need to get something with me for next week so to anyone who can help!

thankyou.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

That's a single bolt type clamp. It uses the same bush as the 2 bolt type 811 411 327 B for a 26mm arb. Mainly used on earlier cars
    Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Mike, that's kind of what I was thinking as it referenced roll bars that have drop links down to the wishbones rsther than to the later struts. The confusing thing was that the Internet shows pictures of the later bush against the early Bush number.

It seems the spare subframe I got hold of was from an early car then.

I've taken a punt on the polybush pictured as it has a flat surface which looks like it will clamp up against the flat surface it sits against...

​​​​​​

Comment

Bit of feedback on this. Just in case anyone else has found themselves wondering what cars the power flex pfr3-1011-25 bushes fit, I can confirm that; if you have the single bolt roll bar clamps like I do, then they do fit. The listing for these bushes was ambiguous at best and didn't seem to know there were different types of clamps fitted to subframes. Never mind, roll on the weekend! ​​​​​​

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Make sure you get plenty of grease in those

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

They come with a decent amount of silicone grease for the size of the bushes. The 'bearing' surface actually has a knurled finished on them as well to keep the grease where it needs to be as well. I like details like that

Comment

Working...
            X