BC coilovers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC coilovers ?

Has anybody tried them? I have heard good things from a friend that had them on his M3. They are considerably cheaper than KW v1.

Cheers
    adam

Nothing good is cheap.
    You get what you pay for
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

From what ive read the KW V1 is crap so BC is probably not better. But KW v3 is something else according to the public.
      1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
      2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
      2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
      2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

V1 is very good value for money. The spring rate & damping is well matched a very good compromise on a road car. V3 is only worth the extra expense on a track car, since in reality you will never use the adjustability on a road car.
        If you have the budget then of course you buy Ohlins
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
          V1 is very good value for money. The spring rate & damping is well matched a very good compromise on a road car. V3 is only worth the extra expense on a track car, since in reality you will never use the adjustability on a road car.
          I was starting to think they wernt very good, i've got some new v1's i need to fit at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
            Whats the kw's go for now as Yaz used to be able to get good discount but not seen him on the forum in quite a while. v1's are on the list of purchases for mine.

Comment

I have V1s and not happy with them at all, was going to go for V3s but I'm opting to fit a set of Intrax 1K2 with ARC once I'm done assembling.
              1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Originally posted by rynaqui View Post
                I have V1s and not happy with them at all, was going to go for V3s but I'm opting to fit a set of Intrax 1K2 with ARC once I'm done assembling.
                why are you not happy with them? I know the roads are bad in Malta is that the reason or something else?

Comment

It may be partly the roads which are to blame but the ride with V1s seems very crashy, I've snapped a lot of springs which means their life has also come to an end. I would recommend to at least go for the V3 which are supposed to be much better than the V1.
                  1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Working...
                  X