Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmac78 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I purchased these a few weeks back and got round too fitting today, only to find out that the hole in the bump stop is not big enough for the OEM 3B shock to fit through. It would need opening out a good bit, but and reluctant to start butchering it since they are sold as correct fit.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Here is the link-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-UR-Q...S/294097603910

Cheers
    Gordon
    I had exactly the same problem when I refitted my stock suspension. Pretty sure I bought the same ones as you, I ended up repurposing (cobbling together) some bits I found in the shed. I’ve got a box of bits here, remind me the diameter of the shaft and I’ll have a look.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post

I had exactly the same problem when I refitted my stock suspension. Pretty sure I bought the same ones as you, I ended up repurposing (cobbling together) some bits I found in the shed. I’ve got a box of bits here, remind me the diameter of the shaft and I’ll have a look.
      Cheers Newsh, the 3B Boge shocks are 25mm in diameter.

I specifically emailed to ask would they fit my S2 prior to ordering them and was told yes, so took the man on his word. Not quite the "correct size and perfect fit" stated in the ad.

I've emailed him again so we'll see if he replies.

Comment

Here you go, I only have 1 boot and 2 rubbers left and I’d like to hang on to them. Hopefully the part numbers will be useful.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

This is the 131A version of the bump stop at Audi Tradition

https://shops.audi.com/en_GB/web/tra...-857412131a-10

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

The 431412135 boot comes up as a Porsche part so might be worth trying the Porsche dealer

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
              Here you go, I only have 1 boot and 2 rubbers left and I’d like to hang on to them. Hopefully the part numbers will be useful.

Nice one, thanks for the info. That's given me something to go by.

Comment

I got my gaiters and bump stops from Quattro Corner , fitted perfectly

Comment

Working...
                X