Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A80 B4 AAH Front Springs Issue

Hi Guys,

Hope you are all doing well. I have got myself into a position where I need some help from you.

I am looking for front springs for my car. I took them out and there is no number that would show me which spring I need to order.

There is just this code: MUB8A04 – S2
    The spring also has 2x yellow marks and 3x pink dots. Please see a photo below.

Is there a chance that you may have had the same spring on your car and you actually know the number of it?
    I have looked at the auditradition website and found some springs whith the same colour code but am not sure. Could it be no. 8A0411105AB? or … AS?

Car details: Audi 80B4, V6, 1992 quattro, AAH engine and the car is located in central Europe. It has an AC.

Hope this makes some sense.

Many thanks.
    Peter

spring.jpg

Hi Sir,

I have a B4 very similar to yours, just one year newer. The spring's (which I suspect are original) colour codes are:

Fr. 2 pink, 1 purple; Rr. 3 pink, 2 yellow.

My car has the "1BE" option code on the sticker in the trunk indicating it originally had the factory sport suspension.

When I look at 7Zap, with USA selected, I don't find my front spring colour codes either.

https://audi.7zap.com/en/usa/audi+80.../4/407-407010/

With your Audi Tradition find, that may indeed be a match (I would go with that, if they are listed for your car), your trunk sticker may indicate what type was originally fitted, and if you plow through the different chassis, engine and equipment versions at 7Zap, you may find your colour code.

Question: Perhaps yours broke, or are badly rusted, yes?

Sorry I can't help you, except to say I'm sort of in the same boat (except I don't need to replace them). Hopefully some else will pipe in.

Cheers.

Comment

Strange that Lago has 3 pinks and two yellow on the rear whilst Kubo has that on the front!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the confusing world of spring part numbers

I can see the following p/n's listed for your car
        8A0411105AS for AAH quattro with A/C - standard suspension - 2 yellow / 1 grey
        8A0411105AH for AAH quattro with A/C - with sports suspension - 3 pink / 2 brown

8A0411105AB for AAH non-quattro without A/C - standard suspension - 2 yellow / 3 orange
        OR is also listed as
        8A0411105AB for AAH quattro without A/C - standard suspension - 2 yellow / 2 violet

As far as I know, all front springs from the 80/90/coupe, quattro or not, will physically fit each other. All the struts, spring discs etc are the same across the platforms, only the stiffness and/or height changes to allow for the differences in vehicle weights.

Like Lago suggests, if you have a data sticker it will tell you whether it has standard, 1BA, or sports, 1BE suspension. This will help narrow the search

Hope this helps
        1989 NG Q Pick-up (Daily)
        2002 ASZ Golf (Doris' Daily)
        1997 AJK-G2 A6 Avant Q (In surgery)
        1999 AGZ Bora (Daily 2)
        1994 ABC A6 Avant (Spare)
        1984 JS Coupe GT (Slow progress)
        1982 WN Coupe GT5 (Spare)
        1983 MK1 Golf GTI Pirelli (In storage)

Comment

I always think of the monkey on the assembly line throwing parts at the chassis that cones past - maybe your car was 4.30pm on a Friday and he just fitted whatever was closest to hand
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Lago Blue View Post
            Hi Sir,

I have a B4 very similar to yours, just one year newer. The spring's (which I suspect are original) colour codes are:

Fr. 2 pink, 1 purple; Rr. 3 pink, 2 yellow.

My car has the "1BE" option code on the sticker in the trunk indicating it originally had the factory sport suspension.

When I look at 7Zap, with USA selected, I don't find my front spring colour codes either.

https://audi.7zap.com/en/usa/audi+80.../4/407-407010/

With your Audi Tradition find, that may indeed be a match (I would go with that, if they are listed for your car), your trunk sticker may indicate what type was originally fitted, and if you plow through the different chassis, engine and equipment versions at 7Zap, you may find your colour code.

Question: Perhaps yours broke, or are badly rusted, yes?

Sorry I can't help you, except to say I'm sort of in the same boat (except I don't need to replace them). Hopefully some else will pipe in.

Cheers.
            Thanks for your reply. According to my sticker I also have the 1BE option code. All I need to do now is to find a correct number for my spring

The current springs are not broke, they are just rusty and I am going to change all the parts (shock absorbers, top mounts and strut housing was powder coated too).

Comment

Originally posted by recurveandy View Post
              Welcome to the confusing world of spring part numbers

I can see the following p/n's listed for your car
              8A0411105AS for AAH quattro with A/C - standard suspension - 2 yellow / 1 grey
              8A0411105AH for AAH quattro with A/C - with sports suspension - 3 pink / 2 brown

8A0411105AB for AAH non-quattro without A/C - standard suspension - 2 yellow / 3 orange
              OR is also listed as
              8A0411105AB for AAH quattro without A/C - standard suspension - 2 yellow / 2 violet

As far as I know, all front springs from the 80/90/coupe, quattro or not, will physically fit each other. All the struts, spring discs etc are the same across the platforms, only the stiffness and/or height changes to allow for the differences in vehicle weights.

Like Lago suggests, if you have a data sticker it will tell you whether it has standard, 1BA, or sports, 1BE suspension. This will help narrow the search

Hope this helps
              Thanks for these numbers and colour codes. I now know that my car has 1BE sport suspension. Is there a chance to find somewhere out the actual dimensions for these springs no. 8A0411105AH? I did some measurements on the springs I currently have here. This could give me an idea which spring is the best for me.
              Last edited by kubo; 13 December 2020, 21:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                I always think of the monkey on the assembly line throwing parts at the chassis that cones past - maybe your car was 4.30pm on a Friday and he just fitted whatever was closest to hand
                That is highly possible. Or maybe when nobody was looking he had decided to be too creative with colours

colours.jpg

Comment

Perhaps it was one of these fellows, note the one with the beard, socks and sandals, possibly an arts major?

Hans und Frans bei Audi factory, Ingolstadt circa 1990.png

Comment

Working...
                  X