After these parts fast for MOT, need help / advice / links to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After these parts fast for MOT, need help / advice / links to buy

Hey there guys!! how are you all feeling?

My car is far away at a mates workshop,
    My car didn't pass the MOT, here's the result:

Do any of you know where I can source these parts for good measure? or tips and tricks? I would probably look at uprating the bushes.

Unsure where to source these parts and actions to take:

Steering rack gator split -
    where would I source this from? and is it an easy job?
    Rear nearside(worse) + Offside wishbone arm inner bushes. - what are these and where can I source replacements / or possible upgrades?
    Front Top mounts (nearside most) (I understand I must swap both sides, if one not good - again where can I source these? and possible upgrades?
    Front Anti roll bar links not matching.?? where would I get new ones please? - possible upgrades?
    Windscreen Wiper does not clear windscreen - new blades? or something else amiss?

Things I can fix / solve:
    Sports Cat 200 cell (emissions) - mate has them and will fit this
    Wheel Bolts (I have these to fit)
    Indicator (check it - fuse or bulb or not plugged in)

Any help would be greatfully received! thank you! <3 <3 <3
    Attached Files

Steering rack gaiter is readily available. Fairly easy job but a bit tight in there. Wishbone bushes available or go Polybush. Easy job. Top strut bushes also available and can be done at the same time as the wishbone bushes. Get the original ones from Audi (TPS still sell them) and consider fitting Lago Blue's (member here - send him a pm) saver kit which is good, fairly cheap and very easy to fit. ARB link arms also readily available. Wipers - get new Bosch ones.
    Pete Reeve at Quattro corner does most of these parts if you don't want to go hunting on the internet but he is more expensive.
    I would question what mechanic you are using as these are all simple fixes
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
      Steering rack gaiter is readily available. Fairly easy job but a bit tight in there. Wishbone bushes available or go Polybush. Easy job. Top strut bushes also available and can be done at the same time as the wishbone bushes. Get the original ones from Audi (TPS still sell them) and consider fitting Lago Blue's (member here - send him a pm) saver kit which is good, fairly cheap and very easy to fit. ARB link arms also readily available. Wipers - get new Bosch ones.
      Pete Reeve at Quattro corner does most of these parts if you don't want to go hunting on the internet but he is more expensive.
      I would question what mechanic you are using as these are all simple fixes
      Hey thank you so much!! You sir are a legend!
      Its just last time I had to source specific parts. So Im going to source the parts again and send them to him asap.

A few questions - readily available, is this with audi or after market that you state?
      Im seeing options on autodoc online. Should i approach audi?

Huge thank you dude!! I literally owe you so many beers so far!! <3 <3 <3 <3

Comment

You can try Audi/TPS first. Get the top mount bushes from them as I think they are only about £30 for a pair and they are the original BOGE ones. They may have the gaiter, ARB link and wishbone bushes as well. Worth a try. I don't use Autodoc anymore. They kept sending the wrong parts and it was a real faff to send stuff back or get them to accept they had made another mistake
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

You will need new strut top nuts and wishbone bolts and nuts. TPS still do them or VAG bolts on ebay. Worth getting new slotted nuts while you are there as well.
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I’d go to Audi for the parts, Autodoc can get stuff wrong and it has to come from Germany or wherever..

Audi used the same wishbone bush on the pressed steel arms for many years, Audi 80/90, VWs etc. The old ones will need pressing out and new ones pressed in
            A full set of wishbone bushes for the back will set you back around 80 quid in stock audi bonded rubber or in powerflex poly bush. Polys are easy to fit without a press and give good control but IMO they spoil the plush feel of the car and let in a little more road noise.

I think I have a set of almost new Meyle HD Green top mounts here if you get stuck, just PM and I can put them in the post.

Gaiter as Dave says, not too hard to do.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

These are the Meyle HD top mounts

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401258867737

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

slotted nuts
                1 x STRUT TOP MOUNT THREADED RING NUT AUDI UR QUATTRO TURBO COUPE-80-90-COUPE | eBay
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

gaiter
                  NEW STEERING RACK GAITER AUDI UR QUATTRO TURBO COUPE/COUPE/80/90 811419831B | eBay
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

8A0407465

ARB link arms. take you pick, loads on ebay.
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

and rear bushes (It says front but part number on 7zap lists as rear)

4 x MEYLE HD Front Lower Wishbone Bushes Bush Audi 80 Coupe Ur Quattro 8A0407181 | eBay
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Massive thank you guys!! wow!

Comment

I am looking at the MOT certificate and then cross referencing this to my audi s2 aby.. 1996.

I am so confused, which ones from here do I require?
                          Do I have cast or pressed arms? -- arghhh!!!!

https://www.powerflex.co.uk/products...%29-302/1.html

Comment

Last photo, pressed:

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...99#post2090099

Comment

Originally posted by Chris5044 View Post
                              I am looking at the MOT certificate and then cross referencing this to my audi s2 aby.. 1996.

I am so confused, which ones from here do I require?
                              Do I have cast or pressed arms? -- arghhh!!!!

https://www.powerflex.co.uk/products...%29-302/1.html
                              If your car is with the mechanic, ask him to take a look and tell you, its really not that difficult, shirley....

Comment

Working...
                              X