No announcement yet.

Complete sets of rubber bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where did you find the info on Nm for audi s2 ?

Comment

It's in the workshop manual
      Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

I would love to get my hands on the full workshop manual for the S2

Comment

When you mount polurethan bushings , do you lube them with something to prevent some sound ?

Comment

Silicone grease is normally included with them.

Comment

Hi Ljubisa,

Not always. It depends on what that particular poly bushing has to do to function.

For sub-frame bushes, which in use they see no core rotation, they are there to simply act as cushions. Since rotation is absent there, no noise occurs and no lube is required (except perhaps externally for the install). However as poly is not a slippery material, if a poly bush's metal core must rotate (as with A-arm bushes, etc.), it wants to stick-unstick-stick...repeatedly as it finally allows rotation, if enough extra torque is then applied, and it will do this if no lube is present, as the lube becomes washed away, and if they are not taken apart and re-lubed periodically.

The reco'd lube from bushing maker's is going to be a silicone-based water-proof grease to avoid incompatibility with the poly. Despite the success some experience, noise relief must be thought of as temporary.

Comment

Cant find Nm on bolt nr 8 in the servicemanual.

Comment

The reason for poly bushing is to get down the power to the road on better way , it does not flex ?

If you use original bushings in a high power car , you will wear them out fast ?

Comment

Removed the bushings , they are powerflex black color. Now what kind of fitment should it be when you mount them back lubed up.
                    Should the go in by hand ? The pin should it to go in by hand ? The polu bushings i can put in by hand.No wobble or anything , tight fit , but possible with hand.

Comment

When you tighten everything , what should stay fixed and what should move/rotate ? Bushings /pins ? My arm oves up and down , should the my bushings follow that movement ? The arms are powder coated and the part the hold the arms to. So the outside of the bushings will rub agains the powder coated , do people remove the powder coating ? Or just lube it up ?

Comment

Ljubisa,

Pins should remain stationary. Bushes should rotate with the arms, not in the arms. In this case you should not lube the exterior of the bushes before installing into the arms. Bushings' outer body always rotates with the arms.

Your last two sentences above refers to which suspension arm?

Comment

Aha ok so probably thats where the squeeing sound comes from between the outer side of bushing and the metal it rubs again when moving.

Comment

Hmm .. but how does the upper control arms in the rear work ? The squeek sound must come from the schims on the outside between the bolt and bushings.

Comment

Ljubisa,

Upper arm bushes work similarly, as the outer body of the bush rotates with the arm, and if made to face inwards (see photo), the large end of the red poly flange does not rub on the mounting bracket. The through-bolt is stationary and keeps the metal cores from rotating.

In this photo note re-use of the old metal cores from the correct OEM rubber bushes from this location, (which unlike cores from front lower A-arm bushes), each have a large OD integral flange (visible in photo, between red poly flange and small OD black tube of bracket) at one end. Arm has zero play front to rear. I was surprised that this worked as well as it has.

Original articles here:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...hings-2129366/

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...hings-2784388/

B4 Rear Susp Upper Arm Attachment w:Poly bushes and OEM metal cores Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 13.12.14.png
                              Last edited by Lago Blue; 14 February 2022, 12:34.

Comment

I checked , i got poly bushes black series

Comment

Working...
                                X