91 Coupe Quattro with S2 Coilovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 Coupe Quattro with S2 Coilovers?

Very new to the platform, I read an older post describing the compatibility of the suspensions in the different models, from what I understand, the S2 would have the same suspension layout as a US coupe Quattro (1991).
    I just wanted an expert or someone more familiar than I to chime in and confirm this. BC racing has coilovers that fit a 1990-1995 S2 and wanted to make sure for future reference they’re compatible.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

Yes the suspension layout is the the same aside from one slight difference, the front wheel bearing carrier's on your US 7A engine CQ will have two holes in the front bearing carrier for 12mm strut mounting bolts.

Apart from a few very early car's all S2 Coupe's use 14mm bolts in this location and the BC coilover's will be designed to use the larger diameter bolt.

However, your front hubs's can have the two front strut mount bolt holes drilled out to accept the larger diameter bolt, I did this very modification to my early S2 in order upgrade to the later design.

It is however vital that these hole's are drilled perfectly straight, I wouldn't try doing it by hand. I gave my bearing carriers as well as one of the later type bolts as a sample to my local machine shop who did it for £20. The hole's need to be 14.5mm or just under to allow the bolts to fit.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Thanks so much for the warm welcome and incredible information, that’s exactly what I was looking for! Best of luck with your projects as well.

Comment

you can order it from Kirk, if you are in the usa:
        https://www.quattromog.com/shop/p/kw...35210017-3wrra
        sigpic

Comment

I've got the bc racing kit on order. I'm roughly 4 weeks in, my guess is another 4 till i get them. I have been told that they come with shims to account for the 12mm vs 14mm holes.

If you're really worried about that, find someone parting a b4 cabrio, my 94 parts car has 14mm uprights.
          1993 UrS4...aka the rocket powered living room

Comment

Thank you all for such fantastic info. Ottawa when your BC coilovers come in, would you please post back or do a separate right up on their fit, finish, and performance? I would love someone’s intel with hands-on the kit.

The BC customer/sales support had very little info on the kit and little to no reviews. Thank yall!

Comment

Well, i'll certainly give you an update when i get them, but you'll see from my project thread, i am a FEW weeks from driving on them lol....
              1993 UrS4...aka the rocket powered living room

Comment

My BC coilovers showed up last week and they do have hardware to work with the 12mm bolts. You can see them in the top right of this picture. They also come with sway bar links. These will be going on my US '91 CQ soon.

2001 A4 Avant QMS - FXK04'd
                1991 Audi CQ - Project
                1996 A4 12v Quattro Manual - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by jbrentd View Post
                  My BC coilovers showed up last week and they do have hardware to work with the 12mm bolts. You can see them in the top right of this picture. They also come with sway bar links. These will be going on my US '91 CQ soon.

This is exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks so much and if you install them do tell of your experience. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mean_Crstne View Post

This is exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks so much and if you install them do tell of your experience. Thank you!
                    You bet. In case I forget to come back to this thread, I will be posting updates in my build thread as well.

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...-2nd-chance-cq
                    2001 A4 Avant QMS - FXK04'd
                    1991 Audi CQ - Project
                    1996 A4 12v Quattro Manual - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                    X