20Valve struts same as S2'??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20Valve struts same as S2'??

im after 2 front struts / legs and got the option of using 20valve quattro ones....will they fit?

andy

I had koni's put on my 3b and found that at some point the passenger side shock had been changed for what I presume was a 20v leg, the koni inserts was too big for these. I'd probably say because the diameter is smaller that you won't get as much support etc from the 20v struts? Sal's away atm otherwise he'd be best to ask for some s2 one's.

Comment

Pete's right. 20v strut legs have a smaller tube for the shock to fit in.

Jas..
      2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
      2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
      1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Any chance noel (fourcircle) has any s2 struts on his stripped coupe?

Comment

fek

******...il scrap that idea then!! Ive got a very weird setup on mine. Kw coilovers with Koni inserts.....got it all stripped down and my new koni shocks wouldnt fit. the current shocks that are feked are 42mm diameter.
          need to sort for mot to be passed...to register the car on uk plates

Comment

Have you tried ringing koni direct to see if they can match up the shocks?
            If your lucky there might be part no's on the old ones?

Comment

fek

im letting aelred (really helpful guy!) find out as these shocks could be under liscence and may be unavailable.
              Surely there must be somewhere that can match up or make to measure 2 shocks?

Comment

Possibly best idea if aelred can't find them is to try and find a local koni place that you might be able to take your shock to and see if they can have a route around and try either match them up or come up with something you can use.

Comment

re

just bought some off ebay for 30 notes...reckon its worth the risk just to get through mot! keep on there til i find correct coilover dampers

Comment

I've got a drivers side S2 front strut and both rears.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

re

bloody hell typical ! i couldnt have good luck in finding a pair could i !!

Comment

warning: there are ALOT of struts who will fit the car: and there are att least 4 diff types: the old one with the bearinghousing weldet , the second with 12mm bolt and 75 mm bearing, the 3, with 14mm bolt, and 75mm bearing, and the 4,with 14mm bolts, and 82mm bearing, some diesels( audi80 diesel) have some hybrid struts too.
                        they all will fit the car ; but there are some different senter( they will build more or less 0mm-17mm wider track on the road/ pr wheel)
                        so i have the wider +17mm+17mm hub and 20 v senter and brakes( 280x22) and the strut from a diesel audi and s2 farb.. on my vw quantum.....

Comment

Working...
                        X