H&R guarantee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
    i wouldnt mind if it WAS the turkey but oooooh no, those damn salt & balsamic vingear kettle chips and real ales

Almost sounds too stiff for me.....i didnt mind the performance or feel of the original H&R's, they were bone shaking enough on the wrong surface lol
    sorry for the offtopic but can you tell me what colour your H&R springs are
    i have a yellow coloured H&R springset and a unknown brand sandblasted set the sandblasted springs are much lower .
    but the yellow springs says on the papers 40/40 lowering : Audi 90quattro incl s2 quattro coupe .

thanks
    Roy
    RS for ‘Rennsport’ - ‘Motorsport’ in German

Comment

blue front and rear......yes the yellows are for the 90q but as I understood it not the
      S2. Wab bought my old yellows when i realised they weren't for the S2. having said that i'm not sure what the difference actually is, must be down to strut diameter or kerb weight/spring rate differences or something between the 90Q and the S2?
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
        Nope, RS2 / Avant rear stuff is completely different to the coupe and saloon. I looked into this back in the summer before my money went into bricks and mortar.

H&R RS2 front springs on front and rear, no messing about required as the front and rear struts are nearly identical. From memory S2_Ant had standard front H&Rs front and rear and H&R offer this as an alternative to the progressive rate rears. Also, having measured the front and rear standard S2 springs and making a few assumptions about material and temper, the rears are stiffer than the front by approx. 5% so front and rear springs are close (I must stress that this is theory and not a true measurement of the spring rate).

My thinking was that with front RS2 springs front and rear, any understeer caused by the relatively softer rear springs can be dialed out. However, these are what S2Avant has on his car and they are STIFF, he's experienced some interesting handling charactistics with a car this stiff . There's more complnce in the tyres on the 18s than the springs

I spoke to Pete at QC about sourcing front RS2 springs and he was able to from his supplier. Also cost approx 50% more than the standard stuff due to rarity.

And where did Ben end up whilst out on track at Castle Combe in October......

Facing backwards in the middle of the field with brown trousers and grass up to the roofline.....

Cheers,

Steve
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

oh well pass me the RS2 springs then
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
          X