No announcement yet.

Coilover shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the kit I mentioned in your project thread.
    David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

Yes thanks David. I spoke to corey this afternoon and I am taking my old units over on Sat afternoon so that he can do them for me, along with a set of promount top mounts.
      Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Compbrake
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by L7apk View Post
          Well you want the 2.5" coilover kit, which is designed to work with Konis also Bilstein, then you need to buy coil springs to suit your application. This might take a bit of experimentation. I'm using 8" - 400lbs front and 375lbs rear. But thats only for tarmac trackdays and is very hard, would be a nightmare on a bumpy, twisty 'B' road. Also the inserts are to long and if your on the road you would probably need a set of helper springs to keep everything under tension when you go light.
          For fast road use, on a UR quattro, you can't beat koni's and HR springs. Bilsteins tend to be a bit harsh.

I'm mainly on B roads, so do think I just should go for the Koni & H&R springs combo then?
          Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
          http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

Comment

Are the shocks removeable from the strut housings (same as standard) on H&r coilovers?
            And do h&r shorten the strut housings?

Comment

Working...
            X