5 x 130 mm porsche conversion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 x 130 mm porsche conversion.

I have a complete set of front and rear suspension from a RS2. I really would like to change the hubs to my S2. So that I have the porsche hubs and then I can have the 2 piece wheels from porsche.

Has anybody done this conversion?

and would it be easier then to fit the rs2 rear brakes (with handbrake) as well?

Thanks,
    Jeffry
    RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
    RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
    Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
    High Octane website

@Jeffer - your Avatar is mighty fine, but its going to get those of us who occasionally browse the forum at work into serious trouble. :wacked:

FWIW on the Porsche conversion - yes I'm sure its been done before - those hubs are some hybrid of Audi and Porsche items that works with the 82mm bearing as found in S2 and RS2. As you say, the RS2 hub carrier will then make it easy for RS2 F&R brake conversions.

Its a lotta effort for big brakes but if you are after a specific type of Porsche application wheels then I guess needs must.

Paul
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

On behalf of your job I'll change it
      RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
      Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
      High Octane website

Comment

Well I already have the front rs2 big reds.

So for this complete conversion there will be new disks mounted, I think 2 piece porsche disks.

FRONT:

RS2 hubs
        RS2 disks
        bigreds
        caliper carrier

REAR:

s2 hub (modified to accept parking brake system?)
        RS2 rear calipers
        rs2 rear disks (or is this one component, with the brake system?)
        Modified handbrake cable

I think that sums it all?

greets
        RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
        Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
        High Octane website

Comment

Hi Jeffer, The rear brakes are a big job to swap over, THere was a very good thread which showed the S2 rear hub carrier modified ( bored out) to suit the RS2 rear hubs then the Rear hub carrier was modified to suit a the RS2 (pPorsche) handbrake. The RS2 handbrake is a pair of shoes which work inside the rear disk ( just like a drum brake).

Search the forum about brakes and look at
          http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...&threadid=2660

HTH

David

Comment

what i'll do. I tear apart the whole rs2 bearing house and brake system from the rear. And start measuring some stuff. Also the driveshafts as far as i can read need to be replaced?

cheers
            RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
            Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
            High Octane website

Comment

Stick Insect : The housing can't be bored out. It wouldn't be accurate enough. It has to be mounted in a lathe. Not the easiest part to mount in a lathe

Jeffer : One of the driveshafts can be used "as is", but the other has to be shortend. Can be done in a lathe. Mount the driveshaft and cut in two, bore a hole in one end and turn down the end of the other part to match the hole. Weld carefully and measure for staightness as you go

Cheers,
              Roger

Comment

I think what stick insect is trying to point out is your previous thread:-http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2660&highlight=Rs2+rear +brakes
                Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Working...
                X