S2 Avant Hillclimb/Track suspension settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
    Sorry to see that happen to the car, looked a nice one but glad you got a new car, wondered who got that coupe quattro as I was watching it on ebay. Hope you got it for a good price.
    Yeah, I wasn't going to get a car for a while, but since this one turned up on my doorstep I just had to go and have a look. I ended up paying a little more than I wanted, but the shell is genuinely mint and is better that the S2 was, and will make a good long term base car.

It's civilised enough to be used as a runabout... but it's a bit slow, it will do fine for just now.

Thing is, when I eventually found out how to open the boot to put my bike wheels in... I found a huge folder of history - 15years tax discs, mots and it looks as though someone had totalled the maintenance bill to just over £14K the look on the traders face when he saw it would have been worth an extra 100 quid!

It was taken in part-ex for an S2 Avant they were selling, so the previous owner might be around here...
    1997 A6 (C4)Q TDi http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=291269 - Sold
    1987 CQ85RS
    1994 S2 Avant- Gone
    1991 V8 -Gone, but lives on in the TDi and CQ

Fintray Hillclimb - 33.20s
    Doune Hillclimb - 55.02s
    Forrestburn Hillclimb - 52.61

Comment

Glad you're alright Raymond, shame about the car.
      Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
      England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Cheers Bryan... cars do mend a lot easier than bones
        1987 CQ85RS
        1994 S2 Avant- Gone

Doune Hillclimb - 55.02s

Comment

Don't how many times i said to Raymond but at the end of the day you are alive and well, and thats the main thing. I felt pretty bad taking those parts off of it a few weekends ago almost heart braking TBH.

It was the finest example of an S2 i have ever seen, awesome car and frightingly powerful.

Did the g/f drop off your seat mount?

Can't wait to see the Imp in action!

John

Comment

Cheers John... Don't know about the subframe yet, but I'll let you know when it arrives.

ta
            1987 CQ85RS
            1994 S2 Avant- Gone

Doune Hillclimb - 55.02s

Comment

Working...
            X