Powerflex rear diff mount bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerflex rear diff mount bush

Well, after 7 weeks, my Powerflex rear diff mount bush finally arrived this morning. Going to install this over the weekend (using the BTDT in the guide section of this excellent forum) and see how I get on. Have been noticing a wee bit of transmission thump, plus a bit of off-throttle herky-jerkiness, so hopefully this will help a little.

Good quality looking piece of kit, hopefully worth the wait...
    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Dan where did you get it from, this is my next job after the wishbones and a front end camber/castor and toe alignment tomorrow.

Cheers,

David
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

You can order one from any Ripspeed Halfords, think they charge around 29 quid all in

Comment

I went to the Powerflex website www.powerflex.co.uk and then ordered it from the distributor who was nearest me, in my case this was "Croydon Race and Rally"
        Cost me a shade over 30 quid what with delivery and VAT and all.

Comment

Cheers Dan....... Let me know how you get on fitting it
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Will do - there's a very good BTDT guide on this forum, will be following that...

Comment

will be interested to know if it does cure that lift of thud you get, mines quite bad, got visions of the diff and prop wandering all over the shop underneath the car

David
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Exactly what I'm hoping to cure! Will update when fitted.
                I've just looked at your car website by the way - nice piccies. Have you done the servotronic disconnect mod? You mentioned a lack of steering feel, which plagues all 3B S2s, but its easily cured, a 2 minute job which is free!

Comment

hmm, need to disconnect it!!!! keep forgetting that mod. As for the site, needs bloody good update but never seem to have the time.

How heavy is the steering at low speeds and does it add any extra work for the p/s pump with it disconnected?
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by sal_s2
                    You can order one from any Ripspeed Halfords, think they charge around 29 quid all in
                    Cheers for that info i was wandering,where to get these as my local stockist,didnt stock it,and seemed reluctant to order it.
                    Rob W
                    04 Audi S4 Avant
                    55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
                    92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
                    1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

Comment

Working...
                    X