h&r springs on standard shocs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h&r springs on standard shocs

hi everybody is there any point fitting h&r springs to standard shocks? and if
    so this is the kit number ive been given hr29909-1, i went in with the part numbers 29939va & 29939ha but was told that the above was right can anybody shed any light on this and they wanted £160 plus vat,does this sound reasonable?
    ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
    THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

where did you goto? I had this problem with AMD which caused me alot of ball ache. If yours is an avant AFAIK 29909 is the one you need, if its a coupe its the other no's

Greg
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

About the numbers, I concur 100% with Greg S. 29939 is the coupe and 29909 is the Avant.

Comment

yeh its a coupe so its 29939 are they the same front and rear? i went to a place in bolton called auto drome a bit of a max poo kind of place but not many options, does amd or kim collins do postal stuff?
        Last edited by vonbeck; 30 April 2004, 20:18.
        ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
        THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

****va is front and ****ha is the rear. Though I believe some people have fitted fronts all round?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

Normally speaking, if you increase spring rate, which the HRs will do by lowering and stiffening the suspension, you would need to increase damping to control the extra strength of the spring. Without the extra damping the car may feel a little "bouncy". It will most certainly look cooler though..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

yeah i have fronts on front and back, seems to be working a treat
              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by vonbeck
                yeh its a coupe so its 29939 are they the same front and rear? i went to a place in bolton called auto drome a bit of a max poo kind of place but not many options, does amd or kim collins do postal stuff?
                I did a rough calculation of the spring rates. I got VA to be 125 lb/in and HA to be 155 lb/in. Both are initial spring rates.

Comment

Working...
                X