Help on adjusting KW gewind damper!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on adjusting KW gewind damper!

Well as far as i know, i have a KW Fully adjustable suspension. Which means adjustable springs and dampers. Think it is called Variant 2.

However I am a bit confused whether i have to take of the hole spring/damper to adjust the damper or if i can simple adjust this little tap in the top of the damper. If i can, how do i know which makes the damper softer or harder. 4 pictures added

/Jonas R.
    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

AFAIK turning the small knob on top clockwise=harder and other way is softer.
    you do not have to remove anything to adjust these.
    HTH
    Simon.
    S.P.S. TUNING
    '93 ABY S2.... sold
    me thinks RR URQ next :mischeif:

Comment

Originally posted by sps-si
      AFAIK turning the small knob on top clockwise=harder and other way is softer.
      you do not have to remove anything to adjust these.
      HTH
      Sweet thx alot

/Jonas R.
      Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Jonas,

what do you think of these KW's? how long have you been using them, are your rears adjustable too and where?

Sorry for the questions! but I'm just about to order a set, so I'm really interested!!
        Cheers!
        Martyn
        Martyn
        -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Martynf
          Jonas,

what do you think of these KW's? how long have you been using them, are your rears adjustable too and where?

Sorry for the questions! but I'm just about to order a set, so I'm really interested!!
          Cheers!
          Martyn
          Well bought the car in germany. So i have only owned it for 6 months. But i like the suspension, i have the complete adjustable dampers and springs. It is called Variant 2. I like KW, it is really good, but mine is to hard, i mean one would think that the person i bought it off had used the car for tracking event, cuz i can corner a turn that say max 40 km/h doing over 100km/h So it works great, but it is not fun driving normaly. But since i can adjust it this problem should be corrected soon
          And yes you also adjust the dampers in the back the same way. And the springs are also very easy to adjust, mine can lower from 30-60mm

/Jonas R.
          Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Thank you Jonas :-)

I would like to know what the shocks are like after you make them a bit softer please :-) I have a good reason to ask this, so I thank you very much for your answer when you can!

Martyn
            Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Martyn, how much you getting the suspension for?

Sal

Comment

No idea yet Sal, got to make sure that it will do what I want it to. It seems to stack up as a pretty good kit. I'm leaning towards to the variant 2 kit, which will suit my purpose the best. I think they retail it about 900 ish. If you can get them cheaper, then let me know!!
                Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Working...
                X