No announcement yet.

back on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a fair chunk towards a more focussed setup, KW variant 1s were only £700 last time I looked, perhaps a tad more now but still, that's a coilover setup for the same plrice...
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

sorry whats KW?

I have seen the QST H&R / Koni set for £700, which is pretty good.

But again I don't want the drop in height so, have mailed them to see how much the konis are as I may can run new OEM springs with Konis.

thanks for your input all.

Comment

KW are a major German suspension manufacturer for motorsport and road cars. Their products are usually pretty good. Of course, with coilovers you can adjust the ride height so you can have stiffer suspension and maintain a nearly stock rideheight. A few on here have gone down the KW route and I think consensus us that they're none too shabby. HnR with Konis will be stiffer than stock, OE with Konis is what I have and it's on the stiff side for damping but soft in long corners... nice for sports driving but I'm going to try some HnRs soon, then again it's not a daily.
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy View Post
          sorry whats KW?

I have seen the QST H&R / Koni set for £700, which is pretty good.

But again I don't want the drop in height so, have mailed them to see how much the konis are as I may can run new OEM springs with Konis.

thanks for your input all.
          Dont forget to add VAT onto there online prices. Aelred will be cheapest for the konis on there own.
          3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

Was going to say what about OEM springs and RS2 shocks, but then I noticed it was a Coupe you have.

What about LEDA who now do coil-over for road cars where there supposed to be not too stiff even though there are coil-overs?

Now mind you they may not be catering for B4 as this is a new departure ( road coil-overs ), for them and they may be concentrating on newer / current models?

Not checked into it myself with them as I don't need new springs and shocks, but read it recently in a VW mag and so they might be worth a phone call or an e-mail?

Post up any feedback for interest sake.

HTH a bit.

Kind regards.

Comment

Originally posted by David in Dublin View Post
              Was going to say what about OEM springs and RS2 shocks, but then I noticed it was a Coupe you have.

What about LEDA who now do coil-over for road cars where there supposed to be not too stiff even though there are coil-overs?

Now mind you they may not be catering for B4 as this is a new departure ( road coil-overs ), for them and they may be concentrating on newer / current models?

Not checked into it myself with them as I don't need new springs and shocks, but read it recently in a VW mag and so they might be worth a phone call or an e-mail?

Post up any feedback for interest sake.

HTH a bit.

Kind regards.
              cheers for that!

think I'll be going with konis and OEM springs.

as the Konis turn out cheaper than the OEM price I was quoted!

Comment

Originally posted by Tonks4x4 View Post
                My advice for the way to go would be Bilstein 55mm inserts (Stiffest they do) with new standard S2 springs and genuine bushes and top mounts.

I have this and it is the best compromise between handling, comfort and body control....
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic
                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

id say get soem koni springs to match the shocks if you can. i cant fault mine.

standard bushes are crap compared with solids subframe and poly allround.

cant beat promount ms1.

koni shocks are nice.

throw a whiteline rear roll bar in there too.

improved ride, turn-in, control in corner etc etc.

more than 600 though.

Comment

Working...
                  X