Adjustable coilovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustable coilovers?

I have run the H&R springs for 3 months and don't like them. I want harder springs.

I have found the following suppliers. H&R, Weitec, KW, Paas, Bilstein, Vogtland and 2Bennett. Only H&R and 2Bennett appear to allow you to select spring rates. H&R sell the complete strut with springs but I am not sure they have a strut for the S2 with the 14 mm bolts.

I would really like to hear from anyone who has put adjustable coilovers on their S2.

Leda (i think thats what they are called) Used to produce coilovers for the UR Q and other audis...might be worth a look. other than that you might be able to modify a set of bilstein PSS9's which are adjustable coilovers.

Personally, the combination of H&R springs and bilstein shocks is hard enough for the uk's crappy roads IMO......sometimes i actually miss the cosseted ride of the stock setup.....but not often

HTH,

David
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Leda! There is a good one! Sweden also has Öhlins now that I think of it. But I would have to sell the car to buy the suspension

Comment

KW is damn good stuff. A freind of mine has variant 3's on his golf. V.hard
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

91_S2: What with all that magic around Ohlins ? They are used in rally I know. But why ? They are expensive as hell.
          Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

ace has a goot kit but its very expensive 37500sek but i herd that kw is good
            ABT C5 Lord Of The Rings
            2004 1/4 Mile ET 12.00 191Km/h @1,5Bar
            2009 1/4 Mile ET 11.92 213Km/h @ 1,5Bar 437WHp
            2010 1/4 Mile ET 11.45 110Km/h @ 1,5Bar 437Whp
            kostic.nu

Comment

Originally posted by Sweeper
              91_S2: What with all that magic around Ohlins ? They are used in rally I know. But why ? They are expensive as hell.
              I don't really know. I have talked to some race mechanics and everybody seems to use them. Typical race stuff. Very high quality with more features than you or I really need. Stuff like electromagnetic valving so that you can tune your suspension during a race while you are driving.

Comment

H&R ask you before you order coilovers,if it is 12mm or 14mm holes,i half just pust a set in my 93 avant,and i am very satisfied,with this setup.

Comment

Rix: how much ?
                  Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

it´s 811 euro at reineke/sandtler,it fit´s 80/90 quattro s2 rs2 and the 5/6 cylinder range,on my rear daempers it say that they fit A4 quattro,but the setup works a super,i half had it in for about 3/4 weeks now,but don´t now what they are like after a winter,but i will be spraying them before the winter with under body cealing,sorry about the spelling,i half be speaking german for the last year,(i am from denmark)

Comment

Hi 91 S2

I have ordered a set from intraxracing.nl and there U can select how hard U wan´t them. And wich setup.

Søren S2
                      Audi RS4 LO550

BTG 8:08

www.fredslunds.dk

Comment

Bilsteins are air assisted so they add to the stiffness of the springs. I have them on my ur with stock springs and they're on the stiff side on some of the roads round here.

I had a full Ohlins setup on my bike and its absolutely stunning, all the advantages of stiffness but totally compliant at the same time, expensive though, about 2k for a set of forks and a shock, I managed to get it second hand.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the input. I found an article on shocks/dampers that has some interesting stuff if anyone is interested.

http://www.grmotorsports.com/shocks.html

Comment

Originally posted by 91_S2
                            I have run the H&R springs for 3 months and don't like them. I want harder springs.

I have found the following suppliers. H&R, Weitec, KW, Paas, Bilstein, Vogtland and 2Bennett. Only H&R and 2Bennett appear to allow you to select spring rates. H&R sell the complete strut with springs but I am not sure they have a strut for the S2 with the 14 mm bolts.

I would really like to hear from anyone who has put adjustable coilovers on their S2.
                            pembo's rally car (1990 cq with aan engine) has got coil overs on all he did was get a conversion kit from demon tweeks which gives you an adjustable platform that you put in place of you existing one and then you simply choose what stiffness of spring you would like but if your crap with spanners n stuff i wouldnt recomend this

Comment

Originally posted by WabTheKing
                              pembo's rally car (1990 cq with aan engine) has got coil overs on all he did was get a conversion kit from demon tweeks which gives you an adjustable platform that you put in place of you existing one and then you simply choose what stiffness of spring you would like but if your crap with spanners n stuff i wouldnt recomend this
                              The company who made and supplied the coil over platforms a rally equipment company has gone bump about a year ago. TAS they were called. I don't know if they have started up again.

David

Comment

Working...
                              X