KW V3 Settings...How are yours setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
    I swapped my springs back to 70nm front and 60mm rear since I fitted climate control & AC.
    Cheers Alex... This means I will keep 70nm front and make adjustments from there
    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic
      Thought i'd bump this thread having had KW V3 coilovers fitted a couple of weeks ago.

My immediate sense was that the car drove immeasurably better on the road, but more interestingly I had it on track at Castlecoombe a couple days after fitment and noticed it had a tendency for understeer whilst accelerating out of corners.

As far as i understand it the way to dial this out is to "flatten" the car out under acceleration in order to decrease dive at the back and provide better grip to the front... so the solution being to increase bump resistance at the rear?

My current setup (as far as i'm aware from VRS) is (F/R) bump 10/7, rebound 15/10.

I'm thinking to adjust bump to 10/10 and rebound 15/12 to induce more oversteer at the rear, but i'm not certain how sensitive the adjustments are having not done it before.

I know the rebound adjustment is via the top and i have access to the rear as pictured above. I think the bump adjustment is on the underside of the strut, so i'll probably need to jack the car up?

Any other thoughts, recommendations or experiences on settings?
      I might be wrong but I think you’ve got confused
      Damping settings are always counted from full stiff (turn fully clockwise then count the clicks going anti-clockwise).

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post

I might be wrong but I think you’ve got confused
        Damping settings are always counted from full stiff (turn fully clockwise then count the clicks going anti-clockwise).
        Tell me more about this so I can adjust this for the streets here
        https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...-3b-1991-coupe

Comment

Working...
        X