Front Strut Tower Bars - PNs and thicknesses and stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for the records....

The 1997 Cabriolet of my Miss has the brackets ready for the bar to be bolted in.
    Of course ETKA does'nt list the bar as part for the Cabriolet (at list not the ADR motor) but when I ordered one for an RS2 I got a tapered one.

Stefano
    http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

Originally posted by veneto rs2 View Post
      Just for the records....The 1997 Cabriolet of my Miss has the brackets ready for the bar to be bolted in. Of course ETKA does'nt list the bar as part for the Cabriolet (at list not the ADR motor) but when I ordered one for an RS2 I got a tapered one. Stefano
      Just for the record, Audi does list the 8A0805645A strut bar for a 1997 Audi Cabriolet. I am told that if you go ACA, 1997, MG 8, SG 05, Illustration 805-00 and you scroll down to Item 17 lock carrier and then look just below it, you find the brackets and the connecting pipe (strut bar).

As I thought I suggested, the only 645A strut bars that will be left in the parts bins (if any) will be the tapered end version. No biggie, you can make a tapered bar from a square-ended bar with a metal saw and 4 M8 x 20 Allen head bolts.
      RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Was reading all thread and didn't find even one 'thicknesses' as thread is saying..... anyway,
        a while ago I was trying to get some info from 2Bennett about possibility to order from them just Aluminum Shock Tower Brace for a crazy price, without their strut mounts
        but they not willing to communicate so today I bought 1 meter aluminum bar 30mm diameter for 10 euros and for another 20 euros my friend will make it for me exactly as I want.
        Big thanks to 2Bennett for not communicating and saving some bucks to me LOL

Attached Files

Comment

Early strutbar brackets.

895805635 & 895805636

1989 Audi 80 Quattro
          1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Working...
          X