Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 5x112 to RS2 5x130 conversion

Hi i'm need of a little help...
    What is needed for me to convert the rears on my s2 coupe from its original 5x112 hubs to the rs2 5x130?

Any links or pics would be great

Thanks

Harry
    F I R E U P T H E Q U A T T R O

1996 S2 coupe aqua green sold
    1990 MK2 Golf gti 16v oak green sold

I would never use aluminium adapters:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/167822-wa...l-spacers.html
    EX S2 ABY owner, now driving a BMW E39 530D manual & a MK1 Golf GTi called 'Hattie'
    My second Supra, a very special 1997 RZ-S 6 speed single

Comment

Convert a Coupe? you'd need custom parts and machining, there's a few forum threads with showing it. Not an easy job, best way on the Coupe is just use 5x112 to 5x130 adapters.

Comment

Using bolt through aluminium is fine but you have to know how much engagement you have if you are bolting to. You want a least one and a half the diameter of the bolt as engagement so a real thick spacer needed.

I would go PCD changing spacer as well as much easier unless you want full RS brake setup.

Comment

just stick to the coupe setup and run a brake upgrade.

get some big front brakes as most of the efforts there.

having said that if you really want it go for it as mods are a personal thing.

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7130

thats the rears...the front's I guess could be a straight swap but don't know for sure.
            Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

Originally posted by QuattroFever View Post
              the front's I guess could be a straight swap but don't know for sure.
              It's a straight swap

Comment

Thanks very much! Didn't want to use the adapters although it is the easy option. I'll have a rummage through the thread and hopefully get cracking.
                F I R E U P T H E Q U A T T R O

1996 S2 coupe aqua green sold
                1990 MK2 Golf gti 16v oak green sold

Comment

If hub diameter is enough is simple to get 5x130.Get hub out,bearing out,get it to a milling shop,and with dividing head/rotary table will do another 5 rounds positioned in the middle of the stoch 5x112.But as i remember audi hub would not have enough diameter to get 130..

Comment

Working...
                  X