Shock tower braces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shock tower braces

Does anybody know of any shock tower braces for the rear of a slipper wagon or saloon? I've been working on a triangular brace for the rear, but I'm running low on ideas here and looking for some inspiration. Cheers.
    Joe "NoNonsense"
    axis motorsport
    joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Not yet. I will need something there when I get some bucket seats for my Avant. Was going to bolt a tube to the inner wheel arches and triangulate to the floor in several locations. It will be install once and not easily removable.
    1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
    Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
      Not yet. I will need something there when I get some bucket seats for my Avant. Was going to bolt a tube to the inner wheel arches and triangulate to the floor in several locations. It will be install once and not easily removable.
      LOL. Sounds like it's going to sprout into a full weld in cage!
      SS

Comment

A cage should do the job. No point in messing around!! Although insurance companies in the UK dont like roll cages, charge you loads for that.
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

It's a bit hard to hide the fact that you've got a roll cage too!
          SS

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter
            It's a bit hard to hide the fact that you've got a roll cage too!
            Yes, as much as I'd love a full roll cage to tighten up the chassis, my car is a daily driver, and a weekend road racer and autocrosser. It's a four door, too. If I had a coupe, that would be a different story all-together!

@ Lee: That's what I've been working on...it would be a triangulated bar, but adjustable to really pull in those tops to get more neg camber. I have a similar set-up up front:
            I can twist the strut bar to pull the towers in. Don't mind the rusty over-flow tank and battery tray...that was shorty after I got the car. I'll have to post pics of my engine bay now to redeem myself...one can eat lunch out of my engine bay now!
            The bar that I am designing now will bolt in with three (maybe five bolts). Basically, two on each tower will hold a special tang and be permanent. Then on the floor will be another plate with a mounting spot bolted in. To remove the bar, you'd only have to undo one bolt on the floor and untwist the bar. It's still in development, but I'm running out of steam on this project.
            Joe "NoNonsense"
            axis motorsport
            joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

ps...one of my friends who is a local road racer with me says that I should do an x-brace...he said that it would be much bettery than my triangular bar idea. I don't know what to think....a triangle is the strongest figure (think pyramids), but with an x-brace, the two bars would cross each other, but not actually connect. Plus, if the force is applied directly between the towers (ie...long side of a triangular brace), then you'd have more tentile strength and also more adjustability.
              OH well...I'll keep you guys posted...I will definitely have one by February, or else....
              Joe "NoNonsense"
              axis motorsport
              joe@axismotorsport.com

Comment

Working...
              X