Drive shaft clicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive shaft clicking

on my to work this morning I've notice a clicking noise, speeds up and slows down and is more apparent when setting off from a standstill, to loud to be a CV joint, any thoughts, Guru's.
    Last edited by BaS2; 5 January 2005, 16:31.

i have similar issue, although it only happens in first gear and is pretty quiet, can only notice it every now and again.

I had a CV go on me in my 80 v6 quattro, it got louder and more vibration/knocking the more power u gave it.
    ABY Coupe
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BaS2
      on my to work this morning I've notice a clicking noise, speeds up and slows down and is more apparent when setting of from a standstill, to loud to be a CV joint, any thoughts, Guru's.

i have the same thing - seems more apparent after breaking hard to a standstill then moving off.
      I can tell you (at the expense of ones pocket), its not the top mounts, wishbones bushes, subframe mounts, ball joints or CV - not sure if it leaves much else really but would like to know also...
      imster

Comment

Best way to check is to find an empty car park and turn the steering on full lock. If it clicks on left lock its the right cv joint and vice versa
        (I mean os by right!)
        Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

the noise is coming from the rear, slow speed, going in a straight line and turning. Think it may be the driveshaft UJ.

Comment

Make sure your exhaust hasnt dropped onto the driveshaft if its a coupe! They're usually dead close anyway!

Comment

Cheers Beetie, thats sounds possible, you are a Guru.

Comment

Originally posted by BaS2
                you are a Guru.
                Youre the first to say!

Comment

Working...
                X