She's still pulling!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's still pulling!

The old girl's still pulling to the left! Hoped that a new set of top mounts and shockers might solve the problem but it hasn't. Had it all tracked and checked by Protyre in Bristol who are usually reasonably good and even got a print-out! !

Current thoughts are a ball joint or binding calliper. Fronts are ok as I've jacked her up and made sure that the wheels are freely rotating but not checked the rears. Ball joints will have to wait till I get her on a ramp. Also, might try swapping tyres around just to see if they make a difference.

Any thoughts???
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

any play in the wishbone bushes?
    Nice one
    Gav
    S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Sorry, maybe not much help to you, but I wouldn't recommend Protyre in Exeter. I went to them once to do my tracking, because they offered me a cheap deal on this laser guided crap.
      Never again. My car was gone for half an hour. The guy came back to me, telling me he couldn’t get the track rods loose, after he had the gas on them and everything! I went home and loosened them myself, practically by hand. I don’t think he knew what the collar was. I’ve now got about two sides of the nut left on one side.
      I take mine to Arnie Levics in Street now. Andy seems to know what he’s doing.
      SS

Comment

Try driving on the wrong side of the road - does it still pull to the left - go straight or to the right. It isn't just the camber of the road is it?
        S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

My avant goes with the camber and the wider the rubber the worse the effect. I know my geometry is fine, I watched it being set to book specs and the car will always drift with teeh camber of the road, unless the road is flat, perfectly flat.

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
          Try driving on the wrong side of the road - does it still pull to the left - go straight or to the right. It isn't just the camber of the road is it?
          Martyn
          -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Agree, camber on the road has a lot to answer for. You can end up chasing a non-existent problem and giving yourself unnecessary grief.

__MDC__
            Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

In fact, I remember a big publicity thing about Mondeos pulling left, the newspapers and consumer group types got hold of a few complaints and blew it out of proportion - it was concluded by many that it was probably just camber on the road.

Don't underestimate the power of gravity! Everything heavy (including S2s!) will try to find a way to the lowest point. Puddles prefer the sides of the road, why shouldn't cars drift towards the low bits?

__MDC__
              Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

never seen Mondeo and S2 in the same post before! there's a first
                Martyn
                -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Mondeos pulling to the left was a safety feature, wasn't it?
                  You were so likely to fall asleep at the wheel in one, the car would go off the road instead of into oncoming traffic. I'm sure that's what some Ford rep came up with, or something along those lines.
                  SS

Comment

Working...
                  X