No announcement yet.

pas pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new pas was fitted to my car 2 weeks ago at audi stealers.the belts seem rearly tight,how much up-down movment should there be on the belts.
    S2. NICE MIND

Comment

I don't know if still trading but back in 2001 Autosteer , Chester 01244 680437 did reconditioned racks and pumps; £135 rack £89 pump or £210 for both all + vat

Comment

Mmmm, Autosteer, they are still around but god knows how. A phrase with a bargepole in it springs to mind.
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

I was checking my PAS Belt at the weekend as its looking v worn out now and went to change it, the pulley has a lot of movement, in and out on the shaft the pulley is on, is this what you guys describe further up?

It can be pulled in and out a fair few mm, is this ****ed or does this washer thing solve this one?? I had a very loud vibration from the front of the car too the other night, not sure if this is related or not, but i think it may be.

Thanks guys
          Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
          2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Check what the endfloat is. Mine felt like it was moving a lot, but when I measured it, it was only 0.8mm. Seemed like a lot more. Taking 0.5mm out of this float did make the difference between a noisy and a quiet pump.

Alistair

Originally posted by S2 Ant
            I was checking my PAS Belt at the weekend as its looking v worn out now and went to change it, the pulley has a lot of movement, in and out on the shaft the pulley is on, is this what you guys describe further up?

It can be pulled in and out a fair few mm, is this ****ed or does this washer thing solve this one?? I had a very loud vibration from the front of the car too the other night, not sure if this is related or not, but i think it may be.

Thanks guys

Comment

Thanks alistair, i'll take another look at the weekend and check, i think there is more than that tho, its only an occassional noise, i know my timing belt is now on 73k (car is on 153k) so there are plenty of old bits on there now and they are all gettin replaced so hopefully it will all go away soon
              Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
              2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Working...
              X