No announcement yet.

Please Help! PAS pump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So are the filters in the banjo bolts themselves and is it only in the high pressure section that runs to the accumulator?? The info I have shows both Banjo bolts with same part numbers (443612275C), the one's above have different letters on the end (E & C). Also, why have they added a check valve to the RS2's only? Not heard of a need to fit a check valve at the rack after doing an RS2 conversion to a standard S2 so it wasn't on the radar.
    Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

I'm not sure of the function of the purpose of the check valve on the RS2, as it shares the same pump, pipe & rack as the ABY.
      The filter gauzes are in the banjo bolts themselves, you can clean them out - carb cleaner aerosol works well.
      AFAIK the bomb is now NLA, hopefully you can find one
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I bought a brake bomb from Quattro corner It's a febi item.
        that said it emptied itself over 12 months and started putting the light On again.

Comment

hi rusty can u help me post a message

im new to the site thinking of getting a s2 coupe 96 turbo I have a coupe 2.6 E at the moment but have wanted an S2 for some time the one I am thinking about is silver and has been up for sale before this time its a 1996.

Was just wondering if there are particular things to look out for as it has been up for sale before and for whatever reason has not sold yet. I am due to view it soon so thought if someone with an S2 could give me hints of what areas of weakness to look for?

Appreciate your help.

Comment

Originally posted by nicelines View Post
            im new to the site thinking of getting a s2 coupe 96 turbo I have a coupe 2.6 E at the moment but have wanted an S2 for some time the one I am thinking about is silver and has been up for sale before this time its a 1996.

Was just wondering if there are particular things to look out for as it has been up for sale before and for whatever reason has not sold yet. I am due to view it soon so thought if someone with an S2 could give me hints of what areas of weakness to look for?

Appreciate your help.
            Welcome to the Forum . Your best bet is to look through the various sticky threads and do a formal introduction on the general banter page. If you click on the Forums section you can post a new thread by clicking the 'New Thread' tab at the top left of the page. We can all give you the advice you are after there.
            Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
              I'm not sure of the function of the purpose of the check valve on the RS2, as it shares the same pump, pipe & rack as the ABY.
              The filter gauzes are in the banjo bolts themselves, you can clean them out - carb cleaner aerosol works well.
              AFAIK the bomb is now NLA, hopefully you can find one
              I've just ordered a new accumulator from QC. I'll have a look at the banjo bolts later, hopefully I won't need new ones and I hope my brake bomb lasts longer than a year as it was ÂŁ200.00
              Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

I was fuming when mine started emptying pas fluid out the reservoir.
                it turned out it was the check valve causing the pressure to bleed back over a week of stlanding.
                I fitted a second hand bomb as I cannot justify another 200 so soon after.
                I think my problem is isolated though

Comment

The check valve where?
                  Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

It's in the bomb bud

Comment

Right. I'm beginning to think that buying a new bomb is a good move as there's no record of mine ever having been replaced and with the issues i've been having with my pumps blowing seals it could be one of the factors that's causing issue.
                      Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeymagic View Post
                        I was fuming when mine started emptying pas fluid out the reservoir.
                        it turned out it was the check valve causing the pressure to bleed back over a week of stlanding.
                        I fitted a second hand bomb as I cannot justify another 200 so soon after.
                        I think my problem is isolated though
                        Did my spare fit OK and solve the problem? I'd forgotten I'd lent it to you till I saw this thread
                        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Any tips on removing and replacing the brake bomb or is it straight forward?
                          Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

Make sure it's discharged by pumping the pedal until solid and then just remove & replace. Give this a quick clean when it's out.
                            Cheers'en, AndyC
                            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I did the brake pumping bit before the pump was removed. Do it again or will I be ok?
                              Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

From what you said yesterday, you should be fine
                                Cheers'en, AndyC
                                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
                                X