Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternative OE replacement for upper arm bushes.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative OE replacement for upper arm bushes.

Whilst reverting my RS2 to stock springs I discovered the upper inner arm bushes were all looking very tired, two of them just feel out. So I got a quote from TPS for the correct 8A0505185A B4 bushes, they're £28+ VAT each and I'd have to wait a couple of days for them. Oh yeah and get this they could only supply three, that's a lot of bloody use!

So I ordered up four 8D0505185A B5 quattro bushes which as far as I can see are the same item only £14 + VAT each and in stock.

They fit perfectly.

One of the old ones.

The new B5 items fitted.

Note, one needs to be careful removing and fitting the bushes as it wouldn't take much to bend one of the pressed arms.

Attached Files
    Last edited by K Simmonds; 10 May 2015, 16:10. Reason: More info
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

The picture showing the matching part numbers - RS2 = A4:

Last edited by cardcrash; 15 May 2015, 08:53.
    RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
    RS2 - LHD on the road again
    RS2 - reduced to component parts
    RS2 Saloon replica
    A4 1.8T
    BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
    sigpic

Comment

Nice work Kit and good find on the B5 bushes. Its going to take out some slop but ride firm yet supple enough!
      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Nice one for the close up pic's Charlie, they came out pretty well, certainly clear enough to show that the Boge part numbers are the same and thanks for the help with the vice whilst fitting them.

Cheers Mark, don't you reckon it sucks that you try and order a B4 component only to be told it's really expensive and about to go NLA when they have a perfectly good replacement on the shelf? What's the betting once they sell the three the told me they still have it won't long before 8D0505185A supersedes 8A0505185A.

Comment

Oh it sucks alright! Good on ya for using oem bushes.You know they are for the enlightened and connoisseurs amoungst us. You have a Pm.
          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
          96 URS6 plus speck estate
          94 2.6 80 Avant
          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Yeah the RS2 has to be OE all the way mate, even when TPS are obstructive, the guy on the phone told me that he doubted the B5 bushes would fit. I know mine has the MTM conversion but that's part of it's history and I'm going to refresh the components they changed and leave it in place. I like the set up so much I have another set of identical chips waiting for when I convert my S2 to an ABY ECU. Going for a K26/7 on that car and the MTM software will be perfect for getting her running right before upping the boost somewhat.

Just been doing a major update with a load of pic's on my main thread so will respond to your PM in the morning mate.

Just noticed this thread is now a sticky, that a first for me, cheers Admin's/Mod's

Comment

Working...
            X