What fluid for power steering pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fluid for power steering pump?

Well my Power steering pump leaked at the o-ring. So want to be sure there is enough fluid on. Put what kinda power steering fluid do I use?

/Jonas R.
    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

G 002 000 yo can get it @VAG Dealer
    '94 (R)S2 Sedan
    Engine:
    81.4mm Forged Mahle Pistons, Pauter Rods, PKM Crankshaft V2, PKM Head V3 , PKM IM,CM Intercooler,Special Headbolts, SQ MAF,Samco Hoses, GT2Injectors, Dahlbäck Racing EM, KKK27 #9 Hotside, CM 76mm SS Exhaust, no cat

Chassis:
    KW Competition, Porsche 933 Turbo Brake 322x32, 4 Caliper, Porsche GT3 Wheels 18"

Body:
    RS2 Frontbumper, RS2 Rearbumper, RS2 Mirrors, RS2 MiddleTaillight, Black Hella Taillights, RS6 Bixenon

Comment

This stuff
      Attached Files
      Ragusa Coupe gone!
      sigpic
      VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
      VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
      vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

You can also use a Febi Bilstein product made for Audi. A bit cheaper, but not much.
        -

Comment

Do Not Use The Atf Dexron 2!!! the servosteering gone bad after very short time

Comment

@caterpillar; did the Atf Dexron 2 eat out the seals?

I'm not saying that I would; but my Grandpa use to put ATF in his power steering pump all the time in his 77' Dodge and never had a problem.
            //-\\ ((_)) //)) //

Comment

For many years,down here in NZ,we have used Citroen LHM hydraulic fluid with absolutely no problems.It is basically the same green stuff that Audi use,but less than one third the dealer price!There are several brands of LHM available,Motul being the easiest for me to buy.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by urq20v; 13 March 2005, 19:44.

Comment

LHM is a bit different to the Audi/BMW pentosin stuff but probably works great.

Can't recommend it myself as I've not tried it, but it should be OK.
                -

Comment

@thatGUY: audi/vw use a sort of seals whitch NOT can take dexron 2,or sort of that oils......the amcars can maybe not take G02000 from audi/vw,or can they??? citroen*oil LHM from the suspention/brake system have i NOT tryed myself.....

Comment

Working...
                  X