No announcement yet.

ACOQ 7a : 108 -> 112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it is a UFO hub, there would be a brake disc issue, as _ShurikeN mentioned before.
    1989 Audi 80 Quattro
    1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post
      Different front hubs can be applied to CV and hubcarrier, same as discussed above. But all of them have larger offset, which will cause brake disk height and wheel offset issues. UrS6 hub 441501653B is the best for that.
      No simple bolt-on solution except S2 genuine hubs but UrS6 hub with some customization can be a neat solution because many of us usually do rear brake upgrade and use OEM audi wheels with big ET.
      I like less ET )

a glimpse of my Capri MK1 project
      Last edited by pfi; 24 May 2017, 19:49.

Comment

Originally posted by M2ki View Post
        If it is a UFO hub, there would be a brake disc issue, as _ShurikeN mentioned before.
        The UFO has a bigger (pic #3 ref C) diam, mine are machined down to ~130mm,
        Is this ok or any other issues ?

Comment

UFO brake disc has its different central hole, not like one of usual audi brake disc. So, there is a small difference in hubs.

Comment

Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post
            UFO brake disc has its different central hole, not like one of usual audi brake disc. So, there is a small difference in hubs.
            ok, and what is the usual audi brake disk central hole dia ? 68 mm ?
            Last edited by pfi; 24 May 2017, 21:44.

Comment

Bought a pair of rear bearing housings from B4 2.6 avant and they are 75mm
              I thought all B4 2.6 and 2.8 avant quattros have 82mm bearing on rear axle.
              1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Sorry, don't know anything about the avant ...

Comment

Hi. Are the hub carriers with 12mm and 14mm strut bots the same casting machined with different size holes or is the 14mm hub actually bigger ?

IE if you machine the 12mm holes out to 14mm are the hubs then identical?

Comment

Hubs are different. They are bigger.
                    1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

AFAIK Hubs are the same ...

some have claimed the 12mm carriers have to thin material to drill up to 14, others say's it's ok to drill, not checked myself

Comment

mby easier to make a shim on the 14mm strut-leg and use 12mm bolts ?

Comment

Originally posted by pfi View Post
                          mby easier to make a shim on the 14mm strut-leg and use 12mm bolts ?
                          Exactly what I did...

Attached Files
                          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

nice

Comment

Originally posted by pfi View Post
                              some have claimed the 12mm carriers have to thin material to drill up to 14
                              I would agree with that. M12 carriers I hold in my hands were too thin for reboring to M14. Maybe there are different casting versions, not sure.

Comment

At last I got a pair of 4A0501653D and after a round in a lathe it's a perfect fit

Got a spare set of UFO hubs if anyone interested ...

Comment

Working...
                                X