ABY/ADU ps pump va 200 3B vs S4/S6 V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABY/ADU ps pump va 200 3B vs S4/S6 V8

So I'm looking into this whole PS-pump deal. What is the difference between the different pumps? All of them are tandem pumps, one outlet for steering and then one step for brakes. What is the difference? The p/n differs between the units:

S2 ABY/RS2 ADU 8G0 145 165 X

200 3B 054 145 165 B

S4/S6 V8 054 145 165 L and D and LX

They all look the same but what are the differences? I know that the pump in the S4/S6 V8 have a tag that says 120bar. I wonder if that is the pressure for the steering (which would be too high??) or if it the pressure in the brake cirquit (which would be too low?)??

Anyone know this? Problem is my pump is leaking and I need to know which pumps I can use OR why I can't use some pumps. I do NOT want to fork out the dough for a new S2 ABY pump that's for sure - I'd rather buy a full set of Porsche calipers.

Why not use a single chamber pump from a type 89 Audi Coupe (NG / KV)? That way you revert back to vacuum servo and stock master cylinder. I have carried out this conversion, and can tell you, the brakes certainly have more feel. Certainly no more issues with leaking pumps!

Interesting to see Audi have dropped the whole hydraulic servo palava on current cars, high performance or not.
    Never show a fool a half built house.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Life is like a **** sandwich
    The more bread you have, the less **** you eat

Comment

The thought has crtossed my mind more than once. You have a PM...

Comment

Originally posted by ~Delta
        Why not use a single chamber pump from a type 89 Audi Coupe (NG / KV)? That way you revert back to vacuum servo and stock master cylinder. I have carried out this conversion, and can tell you, the brakes certainly have more feel. Certainly no more issues with leaking pumps!

Interesting to see Audi have dropped the whole hydraulic servo palava on current cars, high performance or not.
        tell me more

Comment

Thread

Well I started a thread about converting from hydro to vacuum a while ago:

Please click here.

Comment

Originally posted by Henka
            So I'm looking into this whole PS-pump deal. What is the difference between the different pumps? All of them are tandem pumps, one outlet for steering and then one step for brakes. What is the difference? The p/n differs between the units:

S2 ABY/RS2 ADU 8G0 145 165 X

200 3B 054 145 165 B

S4/S6 V8 054 145 165 L and D and LX

They all look the same but what are the differences? I know that the pump in the S4/S6 V8 have a tag that says 120bar. I wonder if that is the pressure for the steering (which would be too high??) or if it the pressure in the brake cirquit (which would be too low?)??

Anyone know this? Problem is my pump is leaking and I need to know which pumps I can use OR why I can't use some pumps. I do NOT want to fork out the dough for a new S2 ABY pump that's for sure - I'd rather buy a full set of Porsche calipers.
            From memory the S2 power steering runs at approx 140bar - hydraulic systems run at scarey pressures. I know of a guy who almost had his arm severed off by a thin jet of hydraulic oil that squirted out of a burst hydraulic line on a JCB digger.
            Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
              From memory the S2 power steering runs at approx 140bar - hydraulic systems run at scarey pressures. I know of a guy who almost had his arm severed off by a thin jet of hydraulic oil that squirted out of a burst hydraulic line on a JCB digger.
              heard a simalar horra story about a high pressure grease gun

makes you shiver!

Comment

Anyway, the pump in my S2, the stock unit 'H', is rated at 100bar FYI.

Comment

Working...
                X