Is my clutch Fooked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveS
    RS2 handbrakes can be made to work properly, though most owners (ie me) seem to put up with it.

On advise from a fellow RS2 owner had the guides/cables changed when I had the big red kit fitted and now I have a handbrake that works !
    They can? Can you point me in the direction of any tips on how?

I keep trying to persuade myself that the car doesn't need the brake upgrade. And then you go and say something like that LOL. It's oh so tempting if I can improve the handbrake by getting some other changes made at the same time.

That said the handbrake was set up to pass an MOT and it's always much better just after a service.

Comment

For me the brake upgrade made sense as my front and rear discs & pads all needed replacing and the old front calipers can be sold on to help with the cost.

All I asked the dealer to do was to fit new handbrake guides and cables for the handbrake at the same time as fitting the new rear disks that come with the kit. Not sure how easy it is to do with the discs in place, but it must be possible ?

Difference in the handbrake was astounding. Before it would hardly hold the car on a flat surface, after its like any normal car, 3 clicks and its solid. Make pulling out of uphill junctions much, much easier.

The big red upgrade is great, but probably only really comes into its own on the track.
      Dave

ex-Ragusa Green RS2

Comment

My problem with a slipping clutch was due to the master to slave cylinder hose being damaged. From the outside it looked OK, however, the inner piping must have collapsed when the gearbox was removed. There's a small flexible section just above the slave cylinder, has this been moved recently on your car?
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Working...
        X