Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSY (S4 BiT) gearbox on S2 Coupe

Back from the dead?

So... Somewhat 7-10 years ago I bought a DSY gearbox which I were to fit on my S2 Coupe (originally 3B/5spd), but then life/work happened, a few pints went down, and I can't remember how I was supposed to do it.

Gearbox: DSY
    Flywheel: Alu for 7A
    Clutch: Sachs sinter/pressure plate for 5spd / single mass
    Mounts: S2/RS2 6spd with a bushing to make it fit the 5spd subframe?
    Propshaft: S2 Coupe 6spd? I've also heard that you can mate the S2 5spd with one from a type 85 cq? Any info on this?
    Drive shafts?
    Linkage: Plate from 6spd S2/RS2 + bushing for the plate + linkage from 6spd S2/RS2, shifter from 5spd, with short shifter. IIRC there's no real difference 5spd vs 6spd shifter?
    Clutch fork?
    Slave cylinder?
    Clutch lines: Bought something in the past that IIRC are ABY clutch lines.
    Am I missing something?
    Last edited by Floddy; 27 July 2017, 20:46.
    Red cars are the fastest ones...
    - Team Irry -

too much going on to reply, read here.

i use a 4kQ propshaft in mine (CQ with 01E), but mines a 4cyl and i put the 01E where it would be if it were bolted to a 5 cyl. propshaft from CQ is 1" too long for use with 01E, just as the 01E is 1" longer than 01A.

slave cyl is the same, 01A to 01E, metal body one is better.

made my own lines.

clutch throwout bearing fork oem 01E.
    linkage any 01E, i used UrS4 no mods as i mounted it where it needed to end up inside. racecar.

01E has 108mm flanges for axles. S2 should have also i think, unless 01A only came 100mm?. in USA we only got CQ with 01A and 100mm flanges.

http://www.motorgeek.com/viewtopic.p...=unread#unread

Comment

Thanks!
      - Team Irry -

Comment

make sure that the main shaft from the gearbox has support in the flywheel
        AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
          make sure that the main shaft from the gearbox has support in the flywheel
          Yup! Got the 7A bearing for the flywheel.
          - Team Irry -

Comment

Working...
          X