V8 front wheel drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8 front wheel drive

Im sure this would of been asked and I did do a search but nothing was there. Does anybody know which front wheel drive gearbox would match up to the 4.2 V8? or what adaption plate is needed?

I will be converting the cabriolet later this year and wanted to keep it relatively simple.

Thanks for looking.

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...609-freshen-up

Which 4.2 V8? There are many
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

There was a FWD A8 (D2) 3.7, but that had an auto box.

Comment

I'd look to the 012. It has the same bolt pattern as an 01A and I know those fit with ABH 4.2 and I believe ABZ 4.2's as well
        1994 Cabriolet - 5 speed
        1995 90
        2011 A4 Avant
        1990 CQ - V8 (sold)

Comment

A while ago I've seen online a 6 speed fwd gearbox from a tdi and the seller claimed that aparently that box is good up to 600Nm. I have no idea if that's true tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudpavv View Post
            A while ago I've seen online a 6 speed fwd gearbox from a tdi and the seller claimed that aparently that box is good up to 600Nm. I have no idea if that's true tho.
            I'd be interested in knowing which fwd box that was.

Comment

Originally posted by david1980 View Post

I'd be interested in knowing which fwd box that was.
              I found that ad in my browser history. It's DPK gearbox from an A4 or something I'm not sure. The ad is in polish and the guy said that he was planning to put in in 2.2T Cabrio swap but changed his mind. He claimes that you can put it in Audi 80 without modifying the trans tunnel. Here is the ad if you want to play a bit with google translate. https://www.olx.pl/oferta/audi-80-co...tml#ecaea138a1

Comment

Working...
              X