Gear stick on s2 avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear stick on s2 avant

Can someone tell me what the part number is or where to order it, it's the small rubber bonded Bush or support which fits around the lower gear stick assembly. It appears to fit near to or a part of the circlip that fits around the plastic swivel cup.
    any help big tanks

Help possible helpers help.

a) Post a photo of what you need, it's possible somebody here will have one; &/or

b) See link (see drwg. in post 2 & comments in post 3 in thread), it shows a 5-spd shifter from knob to gbx, but perhaps an S2 wagon shares the stick/ball etc. with it's naturally aspirated brethren; &

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...oblem-2760278/

c) Ask for someone with family album access to look up the P/N of the drwg.'s part number(s) of what you think you might need, then you can do a search for that (those) VAG P/N(s).

Comment

Thanks for the reply...the 1st image of the gear stick with the stick lifted and the 2nd is with it dropped. The 3rd shows the inner split collar or circling at an angle. There is no probe with changing gears its just I can lift the stick up by around 2 or 3cms. Is there something broken or worn?
      the gear top shows a red colour but there is 2 wires going to and inside the top, should it light up?? Many thanks for any help.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

These are the part numbers you need, direct from Audi:
        8D0711197

893711334B

And then other parts like springs and other pieces of the puzzle:

443711217A

N 0124121

893711184C

893 711 118E
        1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

The stock gear knob doesn’t light up, so that one is aftermarket.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info....I thought the gear knob was a little over the top for any standard fit. Big thanks to you both....

Comment

Originally posted by rynaqui View Post
              These are the part numbers you need, direct from Audi:
              8D0711197

893711334B

And then other parts like springs and other pieces of the puzzle:

443711217A

N 0124121

893711184C

893 711 118E

Being 6 speed the correct ball housing part it’s

8A0711334
              http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

I think they are NLA now.

Comment

Tried a few places but with no success. It's usable yet but would welcome any suggestions. Cheers.

Comment

I see, the one I have also waiting for my car is the wrong version it seems though I'm sure I've used it before 2 years ago although it failed after just 2 years. Hoping to see if there are any alternatives.

Edit: Just checked and the one I bought from Pete @ Quattro corner was indeed 8A0711334 back in 2014. Yet to see if the one I recently acquired will fit..
                    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Pete is one I've tried to source the part but no chance, however eastern Europe appear have some with several suppliers but cannot you trust them to deliver??

Comment

I don't know honestly, my car is currently at the body shop and have many more jobs lined up before I get to the gear issue. Once I do I will see if my alternate part will fit. It seems to have been for the 5 speed models. Surely someone out there can come up with an aftermarket alternative which doesn't compromise our use of the OEM gear gaiter.
                        1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Working...
                        X